diy solar

diy solar

Nissan Leaf G2 modules

Whereverimayroambus

We decided to go the Nissan Leaf Module route for our battery bank in our skoolie. There isn't a whole bunch of information out there so I was hoping to find some more opinions.
Our bank is 9 modules, each module new is 8V 66ah and 500Wh (reality because they are used is 7.84-7.85V the other values are probably reduced as well)
(guessed 50ah,400wh)
So our plan is to create a 24V battery bank.
We originally planned on grouping 3 modules together in Series and then the 3 groups in Parallel.
Which If I've calculated right would make a 24v 150ah 3.6kWh

However when watching battery videos it was suggested that it would be better for the batteries to be placed in Parallel first and then put the three groups into Series.
Is this true?
Would it be beneficial to my system if I got a battery cell balancer?

If you put them in series, then in parallel, you have 9 separate batteries to monitor. If you put them in parallel first then in series, you have three triple capacity batteries to monitor (each group of 3 parallelled batteries can me monitored as one big battery.)

If you put them in series, then in parallel, you have 9 separate batteries to monitor. If you put them in parallel first then in series, you have three triple capacity batteries to monitor (each group of 3 parallelled batteries can me monitored as one big battery.)
I'm having trouble finding an appropriate BMS for my batteries. Do you have any brand suggestions?

Back