diy solar

diy solar

nmc discharge curve

John Frum

Tell me your problems
Anybody got a link to an nmc discharge curve?
Google is failing me.
I'm trying to discharge an old battery pack in order to dispose of it today the community environment event.
If I don't get a response I guess I will just trust the BMS does the "right thing"TM.

Late response, but figured it would be nice to have more info online for future searches.. Here is a comparison graph of a Samsung SDI cell versus LG pouch cell. I tested these cells recently.

Attachments

• sdi vs lgx.jpg
    sdi vs lgx.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 27
I have two pouch cell batteries paralleled with two conventional cylinder cell batteries and that is the very phenomenon I have been observing since adding the pouch cells over the last two years. With all batteries fully charged the pouch cells appear to be producing only half the current that the cylinder cells are producing. ALL four are 100Ah batteries. This was a surprise I was not expecting, but the pouch cell batteries produce more cumulative current than the cylinder cell batteries toward the end of the discharge cycle lengthening to total discharge cycle. I noticed this from the beginning of combining the two types and it actually seems to work well for me because I can get more current during the daytime when there is more demand and augmented by solar output, and longer lasting current flow during the night when there is less demand, but more need for extended low discharge duration. The only possible issue I see with this setup is making sure that the load is not shifted to one type of battery to the point of exceeding its load OR charge capacity. I am very conservative on that side and as a result have had no problems.

Back