diy solar

diy solar

NOAH'S ARK: Index of LiFePO4 cell manufacturers

White case, green terminal covers? The manufacturer name was in Chinese, and I sold them shortly after making that video unfortunately. I was never able to figure out who manufactured them to this day.

I bought them from a guy on craigslist, who bought them from a guy in Murrieta, CA. I tried googling the numbers on the cells and found nothing.
If you have something in Chinese that is difficult to be googled out, maybe i could help you guys.

Anybody ever buy from Dongguan 158 Technology on Alibaba?

Is there an up-to-date trusted suppliers list for Alibaba anywhere on this forum?

@Dzl Do you have an recommendations for Canadian options? It would be fantastic to have a resource like you've created for the US-onshore options for your Northern neighbours (who are still struggling with Alibaba, etc.). Thanks!

@Dzl Do you have an recommendations for Canadian options? It would be fantastic to have a resource like you've created for the US-onshore options for your Northern neighbours (who are still struggling with Alibaba, etc.). Thanks!
I recently found Taranis Energy here in Canada and was impressed enough i ordered 8 230AH Eve cells for $1,898.00 to my door. The cells were delivered 2 weeks ago in good condition,after unpacking & voltage check i'm happy with them as they appear to be perfect & new.

Appreciate the response.

You’ve helped solve one mystery for me - I saw the EVE LF280 price on Alibaba and it was over $200. For low-volume sales I could understand - to discourage sales to end-users.

But the price for MOQ of 500 was also over $200 - 2.5 to 3x the price from these ‘Grey Market Sellers’ as you call them.

So yeah, if that’s truly the market price for new Grade-A 280Ah cells sold in full-palette+ volumes, these $70-80 cells must be excess stock, outdated stock (I see EVE launched the LF280N last December) or defective in some way...

In a situation like this, the reputation of the (grey-market) vendor is paramount, so I suppose I’ll monitor the board for a while to see a bit longer of a track record of happy customers (and hopefully no horror stories) before pulling the trigger.
$200 for one 280AH cell would translate to $3200 for a 16-cell, 48v nominal battery . That is not a good deal. You can buy a 48v, 100AH lithium golf cart battery for max $900. Multiply by 2.8 and you get $2520 for the same capacity. So to build your own battery with single cells, given the cost of intercell straps too, you need to be looking for sub $150 cells. That $70 grey market price is probably more than they actually cost in China.

$200 for one 280AH cell would translate to $3200 for a 16-cell, 48v nominal battery . That is not a good deal. You can buy a 48v, 100AH lithium golf cart battery for max $900. Multiply by 2.8 and you get $2520 for the same capacity. So to build your own battery with single cells, given the cost of intercell straps too, you need to be looking for sub $150 cells. That $70 grey market price is probably more than they actually cost in China.
I agree. I just ordered another 4x280AH as spares from where i have already bought 56 cells over the last 2 years or so and paid $570 that includes $90 in shipping.

@Will Prowse you used some white plastic prismatic cells in a video a while back. I've never seen cells like that before, do you recall the manufacturer?
White case, green terminal covers? The manufacturer name was in Chinese, and I sold them shortly after making that video unfortunately. I was never able to figure out who manufactured them to this day.

I bought them from a guy on craigslist, who bought them from a guy in Murrieta, CA. I tried googling the numbers on the cells and found nothing.
I know it has been 4 years.. but are they these cells?

assuming this is the video

I guess they're "hipower" the main website that comes up seems like it is unrelated: https://hi-powerbatteries.com/

There's some guy who has a bunch too:

Back