diy solar

diy solar

NOAH'S ARK: Index of LiFePO4 cell manufacturers

Update:
- Ganfeng officially added to the list
- Some links fixed and/or dead links crossed out
- Reformatted table

Major Update:
  1. See post #2 for example datasheets from all Manufacturers. This took a lot of work, a lot of creative googling, (and a lot of pestering manufacturers and sellers). There are still a few that need improving (Sinoply, Winston, CALB CA, CALB CAM)
  2. Finally found the websites for Jiangsu Higee and Wuhu ETC, not sure why that was so difficult. ETC and Higee both have dead alibaba stores that still show up in google search results but are dead links. Not sure what is up with that. I think I found ETC's official 'Made In China' page, but it is not confirmed.

This is GOLD and very Handy.

Thank You VERY MUCH Dzl for putting all of this together for everyone.
IMO, it Should be a Stickied Reference !

Reactions: Dzl
This is really usefull. @Dzl definitely wiki worth stuff. Is there another guide for resellers ? Threads on resellers 100 pages long maybe we could find a way to organize reviews and valid tests together.

This is really usefull. @Dzl definitely wiki worth stuff. Is there another guide for resellers ? Threads on resellers 100 pages long maybe we could find a way to organize reviews and valid tests together.
Resellers would be a whole 'nother can of worms. Their are dozens to hundreds of them, their is a severe lack of transparency and reliable information and misleading--even false--advertising and misrepresentation is widespread (even with many of the sellers that are somewhat 'trusted'). With the resellers and with grey market cells, its important to understand and accept that there are a lot of "known unknowns" and "unknown unknowns" :) (i.e. things we know we don't know, and things we don't even know that we don't know). For these reasons, an index of sellers is a daunting task, and would be a hard thing to do right.

Here are some US based sellers:
ECPC
EVTV
EV West
Overkill Solar
@Craig sold EVE cells and might sell Lishen cells (I'm not positive)
@HighTechLab has US stock of CALB CA cells

Here are some of the discount resellers more popular on the forum:
Shenzhen Luyuan (Alibaba)
Shenzhen Xuba (Alibaba)
Shenzhen Basen (Alibaba)
Dongguan Lightning (Alibaba)
Changsha Deligreen (Alibaba & Aliexpress)
BLS (Aliexpress)

*This list should not be interpreted as endorsement or recommendation or any sort of seal or approval. Particulary the reseller portion. It should also not be assumed that sellers on this list are better than any others, what they have going for them is that--to varying degrees--they are known to us. But that is a relative term, many of them we have less than a year long track record with, some significantly less. It is a starting point, but due diligence is still required.

Manufacturers you can possibly buy from directly:
Frey, EVE, ETC, GBS

Other:
Lishen group buy

@HighTechLab has US stock of CALB CA cells
Thanks for the mention! I glanced over most of the info in this thread and to the best of my knowledge it looks very accurate from what I have found to be true.

A word of advise from my past experiences on Alibaba/Aliexpress: Avoid AUK at all cost (Jimmy Xie). I was ripped off and sold used CALB ca100 cells as "brand new". They took the genuine CALB buss bar (stack of 5 buss bars with heat shrink), seperated them, and sold 1 layer as a whole buss bar. The cells had dirt in the vents, worn threads, and all labels and serial numbers removed!

Guys, anyone have any experience with TIPSUN. This is the picture supplier sent me. (Guangzhou Dichen New Energy Co., Ltd.). I ordered a set of smaller batteries from them and was happy with delivery.
View attachment 35616

Where did you see the name TIPSUN? Was this the name that the reseller stated, and if so did they provide a datasheet?

The look visually very similar to Ganfeng Lithium cells (see the picture in the first post) its possible they are an authorized or unauthorized rebrand

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210202_144021.png
    Screenshot_20210202_144021.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210202_143945.png
    Screenshot_20210202_143945.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20210202_144240.png
    Screenshot_20210202_144240.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210202_144329.png
    Screenshot_20210202_144329.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 22
From what I know, Ganfeng is a decent or good brand and large company. I don't think they have retail channels, but I believe they are the cells used in SOK batteries.

Thanks, it certainly looks like it. Do you have any idea of the quality of the Gangfeng cells?

Thanks, it certainly looks like it. Do you have any idea of the quality of the Gangfeng cells?
Not an objective idea. My subjective opinion is that they are likely at least of similar quality to the cells from other aluminum cased cell manufacturers we buy from (Lishen, EVE, maybe CATL). Talking about the actual cell manufacturers, I'm not sure there are really any 'bad' ones. I am very impressed by their datasheets, they are well written and detailed. As a company I know that thet "Ganfeng Battery" is part of a lager conglomerate engaged in the actual resource extraction and processing of lithium so I suspect they are a pretty big company. You don't see their cells often, so I suspect they either have a tighter control on their supply chain and/or mostly do business with other medium or large businesses (like CATL).

Its possible "Tipsun" is to Ganfeng, what I believe "Fortune" is to Frey. A retail sales brand name they are sold under (i'm not aware if there is any official connection or relationship between fortune / frey or if they are two separate companies). I really can't say.

Anyone ever heard of Great power? GPE cells. Basin has 100ah cells from them.

Attachments

• GSP34135192F(极柱中心距89mm)_100Ah规格书 河南鹏辉 20200708.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
I found this thread very illuminating. I've bought 52 cells Lishen 272AH for 2 packs from Shezen Basen , ordered 21Dec20, delivered mid April to France (arrived in 2 sep lots). I paid AUD$100/cell (USD$70 approx inc shipment (and supposedly DDP so including VAT). USD $90 inc delivery.
Mine are performing OK but early days (2weeks like).

I find it most unsettling that intermidiatries are selling at approx 1/3 the 'normal' price. I ask what are defficient about my cells , vrs 'normal' reasale prices ? THe variation in prices in EU and from China are enourmous. I'm happy to have gotten mine and OK so far, but I worry about the sustainabliity of such purchases. I'd love to be able to recommend this path to other users but am strugling to do so. There are too many unknowns to me..

So looks like my cells are Higee cells, though they are squattier and chunkier than the image. Is that a correct presumption? Bought from Ninthcit. More precisely, the 48173170 series

Going off qr and vent orientation in reference to grey terminal

Attachments

• 20210612_124454.jpg
    20210612_124454.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210720_140253.jpg
    20210720_140253.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 41
Back