diy solar

diy solar

Nomad 100 and third party battery

Thunder1276

I am going on a month long backpacking trip and need to charge my camera batteries along the way. I bought a Goal Zero Nomad 100 and a third party battery (It is a Charge Tech 54000 mAh - https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-supply/) assuming I would be able to connect it directly to the solar panel. It seems the solar panel has a proprietary 8mm output plug, and the battery has a barrel connector input (I am unsure of the size). Does anybody know if or how I would be able to charge the battery directly from the solar panel? Are there adapters I can buy?

The two don’t look to be compatible. The solar panel appears to not have a charge controller built into it.
The inverter/battery appears to be designed to be charged from a wall outlet or car with adapter so, it doesn’t have a charger controller built in. Where the yeti does. A charge controller is necessary to modify the power from the panel to the proper voltage and amperage that the battery needs. It’s probably a good thing they didn’t fit together.

Back