diy solar

diy solar

Non-Polarized DC Breakers for LifePO4 48V Battery

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Hi, I would like this forum's recommendations/options to consider, in terms of non-polarized DC breakers to use on a 48V lifepo4 battery, something that can consistently handle say 200A. I like to Noark which Andy uses on his YT channel but can't seem to find them on Amazon or any other US online seller. I've also seen Taixi on AliExpress and Dihool on Amazon but I'm not sure if these are quality brands so would appreciate some feedback on this as well in addition to any other options that I should be looking at?

I used to want breakers everywhere, but have come around to using fuses for anything needing 150A and above. If a 150A safety device pops, it is a big event that means something catastrophic happened. If a circuit is designed that can occasionally pop a 150A breaker.... the circuit needs to be redesigned.

I used to want breakers everywhere, but have come around to using fuses for anything needing 150A and above. If a 150A safety device pops, it is a big event that means something catastrophic happened. If a circuit is designed that can occasionally pop a 150A breaker.... the circuit needs to be redesigned.
Thanks. I'm actually using 2x 3p16s 48v lifepo4 batteries using 280ah cells. Will have double battery connectors for each main terminal of each battery and parallel wiring to comfortably handle the 200/250a load. Will be using a t class fuse as the main circuit protection for the battery and the DIN rail breaker is really more of a main switch that happens to also offer circuit protection.

Used ABB breakers on eBay are a good value if you need/want to switch both poles (both positive and negative through breaker)

The other option I know of is Midnite has 175 and 250 amp, single pole.

I’ve been researching breakers a bit lately, something like the ABB SACE TMAX range would be suitable as a disconnect/breaker for a decent sized LiFePO4 bank.

In my next build i’m leaning towards using one of these breakers in lieu of my current HRC fuse / Contactor combination.

Back