diy solar

diy solar

Noob question #2 specific to a generator arrangement

Dude77

Good evening folks, I've got a separate thread as I've got an issue with a DC solar trailer that seems battery related. Rather than trying to muddy the waters and bring in a second set of questions I thought best to start a second thread

Purchased a incomplete DC solar trailer setup from a gentleman on the cheap that has pretty much just the trailer, the Kubota 11 KW generator and the fuel cell

If you haven't Read my other thread all summarize my experience, I think I fully understand car and car stereo electrical components, but house and now solar electrical I feel like I'm at the point where I know just enough do you either have a shocking experience or catch something on fire, lol!

As I am having issues apparently with my DC solar trailer and the forklift batteries, I'm looking for some guidance on how exactly to power a washer and dryer. The Kubota 11 KW generator seems to have been factory clipped behind the panel for every output except the 50 amp....

So here's the simplified question, is it possible to go straight from the generator with the 50 amp feed do a distribution box of sorts that has some 120 AC standard household plugs to power the washer and dryer? Or do I need another inverter in between?

If I cannot go directly from the generator, am I to assume correctly that even with somewhat faulty batteries I can pipe the generator to the DC solar trailer while I'm needing the washer and dryer and just run more cordage from the DC trailer to the washer and dryer?

Thank you

I guess I should doubly clarify. I have seen three DC solar trailers and all of them behind the panel seem to have had their wires snipped so that the Kubota lowboy will only feed from the integral 50 amp cord.

Both the washer and dryer are 110/120 AC standard washer and dryer, nothing special about them

The 50amp should have 4-wires
Black - hot -1st phase
Red - hot - 2nd phase
White - neutral
Green/ground

You can look-up which plug belongs to which wire - but verify with a multimeter.

In a load center they should hook up standard.

Between the black & white - 120v
Red&white -120v
Red&black - 240v
White and ground 0 volts
Also verify the red to ground and black to ground also read the 120v

Good luck

The 50amp should have 4-wires
Black - hot -1st phase
Red - hot - 2nd phase
White - neutral
Green/ground

You can look-up which plug belongs to which wire - but verify with a multimeter.

In a load center they should hook up standard.

Between the black & white - 120v
Red&white -120v
Red&black - 240v
White and ground 0 volts
Also verify the red to ground and black to ground also read the 120v

Good luck
Absolutely awesome! Thank you

Back