diy solar

diy solar

Not a boat but has all the needs and boat life.

Sbrossard

Hello from Sacramento CA. question anyone, anyone all, I am attempting to use my sailboat and airstream trailer to load share my home. So my attention is on my airstream trailer build with an eye on the future. So I want need a 48v system that can supply 110v / 220v /12v supply and do load sharing with my home. The idea is why let my sailboat and trailer sit idle when home? So more like a mini mobile generator/storage for my house. I think this will work out great. Because when home it supplies my demand but when gone household demand drops and my mobile demand is supplied. I want 3days continuous runtime in inclement weather. Right now I can go 2weeks with no solar but I have to use propane I fill my tanks once yearly (4 two 20lbs and two 15lbs.) I not really wanting a low frequency system for noise. I would rather have a high frequency or two so I don't have to listen to the hum In the trailer. I could build it outside or on the front. Any ideas?

It gets a little tricky because your house is tied into the grid and electric companies have rules. I would suggest a lot of research or talking to a pro solar installer near you for options. Too many variables for an easy answer here.

Back