diy solar

diy solar

Not off to a great start

LittleLebowski

Solar Enthusiast
I’ve got 2 Ecoflow Delta Pros and an extra battery each. I have 8 Risen 335w panels. I site my panels on my property about 30 yards away from where the solgens are in the house. Due to VoC and energy throughout concerns (please correct my terminology), I’ve tried two series in parallel of 3 and then 4 panels per string. The 4 panel one does not work with an Ecoflow Delta Pro. The most energy through PV I’ve seen is around 1100w from the 2 series of 3 panels in parallel.

Any ideas on how to max my PV throughput? I am sure that I need more panels for the second Ecoflow Delta Pro, should I buy very different kind of panels in order to get close(r) to the max PV input for each solgen of 1600w? What gauge of cables should I use for the stretch across the property between the panels and solgens?

I found this on those panels:
  • Imp 8.9A
  • Vmp 37.65V
  • Isc 9.4A
  • Voc 45.9V
Delta Pro says up to 1600 watts charge 150 vmax

Now for some solar math:
150v max / 45.9 voc = 3.26 so max 3 panels in series
1600 watts / 335 watts = 4.77 panels
The easy way 2S2P per unit do not share panels between units. you have 8 panels so 4 per unit.
335 watts * 4 = 1340 watts
37.65 v * 2 = 75.3 v
8.9 a * 2 = 17.8 amps
Now for the wire VDI = (17.8 amps x 90 feet) / 3 x 75.3 volts = 7 that means you should use 8 ga or you will end up with more then 3% voltage drop over that length.

Thank you very much, @Northernchateau!

So, I'm experimenting with the panels setup for my 8 panels and 2 Ecoflow Pros. I am pretty sure that 2S2P of 4 of my Risen 335w panels per solgen will not give me enough PV input to use for anything meaningful except for light use and power outage situations. Any ideas/advice on how to get more PV input, keeping in mind my 1600w limit on PV for these solgens?

Thank you very much, @Northernchateau!

So, I'm experimenting with the panels setup for my 8 panels and 2 Ecoflow Pros. I am pretty sure that 2S2P of 4 of my Risen 335w panels per solgen will not give me enough PV input to use for anything meaningful except for light use and power outage situations. Any ideas/advice on how to get more PV input, keeping in mind my 1600w limit on PV for these solgens?
Panel angle and temperature.
The simple way to check angle is hold a soda can on the panel and check out the shadow.
Adjust the angle so little to no shadow top and bottom.
As far a temp goes, colder is better. What are the day temps where you live?

Back