diy solar

diy solar

Not using a net meter...

Externet

Greetings.
When I first installed my system, before the electric company replaced the energy meter with a Net type; my old 'disc' meter ran backwards. Had to stop generation to avoid having a next reading lesser than the previous reading.
Is there types of non-Net meters that do that or all go backwards ?

Most of the non-net-meters don't run backwards, any current in or out generally makes them go forwards.
Usually, people leave their newly installed PV systems "off" until they can get the net-meter so they don't get charged for the power they produce.

Greetings.
When I first installed my system, before the electric company replaced the energy meter with a Net type; my old 'disc' meter ran backwards. Had to stop generation to avoid having a next reading lesser than the previous reading.
Is there types of non-Net meters that do that or all go backwards ?
Hi...iv got old style meter ...if i had panels and a gridtie inverter i could do the same....can i ask what type of gridtie inverter did you have?...plus how many panels did u use?..ty

Out in the Southwest of the US they install two meters on a solar home. A "Billing meter" and a "Generation meter".....

Back