diy solar

diy solar

Nothing much. Just a video of my mobility scooter some have asked for. :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
Thanks for sharing- good job getting it all together and on the road.

Thanks for sharing- good job getting it all together and on the road.
Thank you. It has been like this since last year. I just never got around to filming it or putting it up is all. :)

so im a complete newb with all this ELI5 what mods did you do with the Boomer Zoomer?

is it just a battery upgrade or were you able to increase speed etc. ?

so im a complete newb with all this ELI5 what mods did you do with the Boomer Zoomer?

is it just a battery upgrade or were you able to increase speed etc. ?
I added a couple of buck converters so I could reduce the voltage from 24 to 12.
I then added a heated seat for the winter.
Also a sound system for tunes.

I added usb so I could charge my phone or friends phones LOL.
The juntek was added to measure my amps like a gas tank. It has a coulomb counter on it.
I always knew how much "power" I had left. :)
I added an odometer. I was told that was impossible..... So I did it LOL.

As for speed. That would only go up if you increase the voltage.
And doing that will burn out your motor and/or brake and/or controller sooner.

Although I am unsure what an "EL15" is.

I hope this helps. :)

I love it! A heated seat! Wow!!

A few years ago I was heading west on the interstate met a guy on the other side ZOOMING east the shoulder on his "Boomer Zoomer" and thought "that's odd". Keep in mind this is rural Missouri, 10 miles or more between exits is common so it wasn't like the guy was just driving 5 blocks to the grocery store.

I thought about turning around, crossing the median and heading back to see if he needed any help but I didn't. (I'm a bad person)

But a few miles later I saw his van broke down. Obviously a handicapped set up. So I realized I needed to do my scumbag offset (good deed) else risk losing my backrest in hell. I'm already going to hell, just working on getting a backrest now.

Turned around and caught up with him. Took a really long time because that cat was screaming down the road. When I did catch him to offer some help he was rather stunned as he was doing just fine. Claimed that scooter could hit 30 MPH and go 25 miles. He assured me he was just fine so I went on rather stunned.

I love it! A heated seat! Wow!!

A few years ago I was heading west on the interstate met a guy on the other side ZOOMING east the shoulder on his "Boomer Zoomer" and thought "that's odd". Keep in mind this is rural Missouri, 10 miles or more between exits is common so it wasn't like the guy was just driving 5 blocks to the grocery store.

I thought about turning around, crossing the median and heading back to see if he needed any help but I didn't. (I'm a bad person)

But a few miles later I saw his van broke down. Obviously a handicapped set up. So I realized I needed to do my scumbag offset (good deed) else risk losing my backrest in hell. I'm already going to hell, just working on getting a backrest now.

Turned around and caught up with him. Took a really long time because that cat was screaming down the road. When I did catch him to offer some help he was rather stunned as he was doing just fine. Claimed that scooter could hit 30 MPH and go 25 miles. He assured me he was just fine so I went on rather stunned.
Ok then, he had redone his motor OR was using a brushless motor. Because brushed motors for mobility scooter RARELY go above 10 mph.
Whereas brushless motors can make you go up 50 or 60 mph.
So yeah, it was a home made job.
If I ever get a workshop I am doing something similar LOL. :)

Edit for spelling.

Back