diy solar

diy solar

Now I have everything up and running nicely here in Uruguay :)

FrederikSchack

I just finished setting up the entire solar system and it´s working great. There are a few small things that I need to finish up, but that´s mostly for the cosmetics of it.

My initial post about my ideas is here:

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/h...-ok-idea-about-what-i-need.28147/#post-337619

14 x 370W Jinko Solar panels JKM370M-60HLM and an aluminum structure with 45% inclination (added to the roofs 5% inclination) for a winter optimized angling of 50%.

IMG_20220219_183227.jpg

Growatt SPF-5000 ES. The wall needs to be painted, but it´s better to let the concrete cure for a while.
IMG_20220219_183324.jpg

A breaker box to:
  • Cut grid power to the inverter.
  • Cut power going to the house.
  • Cut power from top row and bottom row of panels (DC breakers).
IMG_20220219_183901.jpg

A double two way switch that I use as a bypass the solar system, useful in case the inverter would break down and I need to switch to grid power. The inverter is supplied by grid power connected to the RCD, through the breaker in the above picture.

IMG_20220219_183913.jpg

I totally miss the point with putting batteries that needs ventilation in a closed rack, so this is who they stay: It was tricky to set up the BMS, but in the end I found the way to make it work.
IMG_20220223_151924.jpg

The biggest challenge here in Uruguay is to find people who have qualifications at any level and after that the desire to do the work. So, I spent a lot of time trying one solar shop, then another and then a third. The third shop had some goods that seemed very decent, but they were incredibly incompetent and it was me the customer who always had to explain them how things worked, even their engineer.

So, in the end I gave up and asked them to send me all the stuff and then I would put it up myself.

The hard part about setting it up was their incredible incompetence.
  • They had adapted the aluminum structure to my needs, but hadn´t cut it the right length (their structural engineers miscalculation).
  • They delivered the wrong length of screws and didn´t have others, so I had to source them myself (difficult here in Uruguay).
  • They delivered the wrong size of end brackets and when they finally sent something that could be adapted, it had the wrong mounting.
  • The batteries were 2 months delayed.
  • They forgot to send the cable kit with the batteries e.t.c.
A lot of time wasted waiting and going forth and back to Montevideo (250 km from here).

This is not to mention that the engineer refused to make the installation at all, because I didn´t want to reinforce the roof with steel H-beams and instead reinforced each beam with two extra wooden beams.
IMG_20220219_183300.jpg

So I had lots of fun here in Uruguay :D

Back