diy solar

diy solar

Number of Batteries for Jayco

This is all very interesting. I'm doing the exact same thing - with the exact same WFCO 8735P Power Center.
I am finding out that this Power Center is not set up to charge Lithium cells. I talked to the manufacture yesterday. They have a new model that is coming out very soon...8735Lis is the model... It will have a switch for changing between Lead Acid, and Lithium...

On another note...I'm trying to figure out how/why I should even consider using the battery that is attached on the from of the hitch...as far as I can tell...its there for one thing primarily - power the electric brakes ! The wiring for the trailer hitch battery goes back to the WFCO which in turn directs it to the charger, outlets, and I am assuming some circuits that go to the inverter so that AC things will work (blower motor on the heater).

So having said all of that, I am thinking that my solar system battery bank is not going to reside up next to the Lead Acid battery up front but rather in a back bay somewhere...and how to integrate it into the WFCO 8735P is another challenge yet to come...more on that...

Good post and conversation...thank you for the discussion....

Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-25 20.55.57.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-25 20.55.57.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 2
This is all very interesting. I'm doing the exact same thing - with the exact same WFCO 8735P Power Center.
I am finding out that this Power Center is not set up to charge Lithium cells. I talked to the manufacture yesterday. They have a new model that is coming out very soon...8735Lis is the model... It will have a switch for changing between Lead Acid, and Lithium...

On another note...I'm trying to figure out how/why I should even consider using the battery that is attached on the from of the hitch...as far as I can tell...its there for one thing primarily - power the electric brakes ! The wiring for the trailer hitch battery goes back to the WFCO which in turn directs it to the charger, outlets, and I am assuming some circuits that go to the inverter so that AC things will work (blower motor on the heater).

So having said all of that, I am thinking that my solar system battery bank is not going to reside up next to the Lead Acid battery up front but rather in a back bay somewhere...and how to integrate it into the WFCO 8735P is another challenge yet to come...more on that...

Good post and conversation...thank you for the discussion....

Tom
My suggestion is to leave the breakaway system intact and isolated.
I would be glad to help with integrating solar with your wfco panel.

Back