diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid, All In One, or Hybrid

Cduck28z

Good afternoon,

Simple question for ya. I'm not planning on back feeding into the grid at all with a modest 5kWh array and simply 10kW of EG4 battery backup preferably plugged into just one unit/inverter directly. I will still need to pull power from the grid in order to charge my batteries and power my sub panel when my system runs out of juice. Is is standard for all Off Grid inverters to have AC input? Or is this a job for a Hybrid inverter?

Standard inverters do not have ac input. Inverter chargers like the victron multiplus have ac input for charging and power sharing. AIO inverters have ac input for pass through power and charging of the batteries. The AIO also has a solar charge controller. AIO has a instant transfer from pass through ac to inverter power making them useful in uninterruptible power supply applications. The multiplus has no solar charge controller but also does ups style transfer to inverter power with the additional benefit of being able to use both the inverter and ac power simultaneously to power loads that draw higher amperage than the incoming ac provided to the inverter ( very popular for rv applications)

Back