diy solar

diy solar

Off grid cabin solar design

gray webber

Hello to all!
I’ve learn much from you all and am tuning in my system for spring build. I’ll give overview then ask my final few questions to finalize the system.
24 volt 300 ah lithium in heated box
1760 watt Bi facial 2s2p PV
Midnite combiner
Midnite Solar Classic 150 charge controller
Victron Multiplus 24-3000-70 inverter charger
Major change yesterday after info from forum was to ::::move equipment and batteries from planned solar box at panel location into camp 90ft away. Wiring is same overall cost but may provide better security and Hope the Victron inverter dongle Bluetooth will be functional now.
Main question left: should I use the Victron BMV smart shunt and it’s Bluetooth or the Renogy Battery Monitor with its hard wiring?
Seams like a trade off between more data and easy glance view.
Your experienced input is welcome!
Thanks.

I find myself walking out to the utility room just before sunrise with my morning coffee to watch the numbers go up on my charge controller as the sun raises above the hill to the east of my property. I call it "watching the Electricity Channel". My vote would be for ease of observation.

Last edited:
I agree!
Here I might be walking through 18” snow?
I was resistant but after learning of the options to move the equipment in the camp and figuring a way of using very little room , well I said , that’s an answer.
I can now go with Regony if I want a display to view at a glance or the Victron Smart Shunt if I want to call it up on my phone?
I’m leaning towards the display so other family members can learn and deal properly with the power system??????

Back