diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid Cabin will these work?

DukeUtah

Hey Folks,
I’m new here I stumbled on to the DIY YouTube channel and the led me here. I am going to build a more permanent solar set up at my off grid cabin here in Utah, last year I found a guy pretty much giving away a Yeti 3000 system so I picked it up and quit frankly it has been awesome. There are thinks I don’t like about it and it definitely has cycle issues, thus the reason for looking at a more permanent.

I found a guys selling some unused 300 watt ReneSola panels cheap so I picked up 8 of the and figured if I don’t used them I should be able to sell them easy enough for what I paid. Long story short I know these will not math well with the little yeti Again I’m new to solar so is there a Mpp system that will match up good with say 4 to 6 of these panels? I don’t need 220 volt at the cabin it’s all wired 110-120 just like residential, had to pass code even though we are off grid.

Attachments

• 5C9D6C64-4D01-407C-ABC7-8CA1E363DC69.jpeg
    5C9D6C64-4D01-407C-ABC7-8CA1E363DC69.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 9
There are guys that swap out the SLA batteries in the Y3K, and put in prismatic LFP and double the performance of the unit...

Back