diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid Farm ~ Mobile Power Cargo Trailer Build: Growatt 12kw Install

@NevadAdobe
I think you might be getting confused because
1. Our Growatt Unit is an All-in-One (AIO) Solar Charge Controller AND Inverter
2. The units you listed (SW4048 and XW Pro) are just Inverter/Chargers.
- The do NOT have Solar Charge Controllers
- You must buy SCCs extra

Today ... as opposed to say 5 years ago ... with all the release of AIOs ... it is MUCH easier to install and connect an AIO than a component Solar System

The key is configuring the AIO to your needs (that is loads, battery bank storage, etc)

Can you tell us where you are at now in the process? Have you purchased gear yet?
I was admiring that you have AIO - we purchased our system four years ago and dealt with my wife having cancer then me having a heart attack last year. If I had know gear was going to change this rapidly I would have held off acquiring anything - life happens.

There is nothing wrong with the SW4048 and MN solar classic 150. The SW is a beast as long as it is large enough for your needs and the classic will change any thing provided you do not exceed it's solar input ratings.

I would suggest when you design you array, use the midnite solar configuration tool (online to calculator) for wiring particulars.

The SW is a low frequency inverter. Most AIO inverters are high frequency. A low frequency inverter has a big transformer, and does a much better job of starting inductive type AC loads such as motors, well pumps, air conditioners. So you are in a good place if you still have the SW and you have inductive loads as long as they do not exceed the AC output capacity of the SW.

I have the SW 4024 and two midnight solar classic 150s for my house

Back