diy solar

diy solar

Off-grid ground (earthing)

I am not at home so don't have access to the manual but as I recall the COMS port uses the RJ45 plugs.
No problem. I appreciate your help whenever you get the time. I'm not in a jam - just frustrated a bit. I'll do some more research on the cable and COMS. Thanks!

I am not at home so don't have access to the manual but as I recall the COMS port uses the RJ45 plugs.
I finally figured it out. The serial ports are at the back and have a cover over them. Got the cables connected then put the primary unit back to SP1. I'm getting 240V now at the breaker panel. I still have one inverter with the screw in it but I'm not dealing with that tonight. I'm not seeing any current across the ground but I'm still going to remove the screw. I really appreciate the help!

I'm not seeing any current across the ground but I'm still going to remove the screw.
The current will be between the inverter and the other N-G bond. It will be ~ 1/2 the current that should be on the neutral.

With split phase, the current that should be on the neutral is the difference in current on the two hots. (If the loads a perfectly balanced there will be no current on the neutral)

The current will be between the inverter and the other N-G bond. It will be ~ 1/2 the current that should be on the neutral.

With split phase, the current that should be on the neutral is the difference in current on the two hots. (If the loads a perfectly balanced there will be no current on the neutral)
I just checked and I'm getting zero. I'm assuming that's a good thing.

Now, to just keep things interesting, I want to add a transfer switch to allow me to transfer the load for my subpanel between solar and grid power. I've read a number of your responses on this on other threads and I believe the best option to avoid any ground loop issues is to install a three pole transfer switch like the Seimens DTGNF323R. As I understand this, it would eliminate any ground loops because in grid mode everything would be connected exactly as if it were just a subpanel off the grid main, and in the solar mode it would still be isolated completely from the grid. I have a separate earth ground for my solar setup. I would greatly appreciate your opinion on this. I'm still not sure exactly how this would impact things if I wanted to later add AC input to the LV6548s but I'm trying to cover all my bases as best as I can. Just to recap, I did remove once grounding screw from the slave unit on the MPPs and at this point I'm not seeing any current on neutral or ground.

Back