diy solar

diy solar

Off grid hybrid AIO, any of them have a clock and timer circuit?

Mattb4

Solar Wizard
Just got done installing a Easun (iSolar MLV 3KW-U) off grid hybrid inverter. As I am putting it through its paces it strikes me that one feature that would make this a better unit is a clock and timer function. If the hybrid unit could be set to go to AC pass through based on time of day it would minimize discharging batteries over night. During the day it would prefer solar and battery. Example: for this time of year I would set the timer to go into pass through mode at 8 pm and go to solar inverter mode at 8 am.

Does anyone know of a hybrid unit that can do that? Ideally one that is around the 3kw, 120vAC, 24vDC that my Easun is. Not needing stack-able, split phase, bluetooth, Internet connected, and all the hooha. just something that has programmable timer function.

Thanks.

ETA: I have to give credit to the rapid transfer time of this unit. I just got done going SBU to UTI back to SBU and than to UTI again (solar day is about over)and not once did I lose my digital bed side clock time setting. It is a prone to reset on any power blip. The UPS that feeds my computer and monitor did briefly show a transfer to battery indication and back online. No beeping like it does on sustained loss. It is another device that is sensitive to power fluctuations.

Might be I'll just have to manually change the hybrids output preference in the evening and morning.

Last edited:
hi i use sonoff pow r2 relay in front of the inverter turning off the city grid at 8am and turning it on at 7pm

at the same time, I connect the power supply as a charger to my battery, with a voltage slightly less than the mppt settings

thus, only that part of the energy is taken from the electrical network, which is not enough from solar panels

I ordered srne, I plan to do the same with him

Back