diy solar

diy solar

Off grid Hybrid inverter "AC in" live when unplugged

x4dow

My aliexpress hybrid inverter is working all good, no issues, very happy with it.
I was grabbing the AC in plug to plug it in and charge the battery and surprisingly i got a light shock off the plug terminals.

Grabbed my multimeter and it's registering 70v~ between positive and ground, or ground and negative, but nothing from positive to negative.

Confused, surely this end should have no voltage at all when unplugged?

One thing worth noting that that the ground is connected to the ground on the AC out. so i guess that's part of the reason (inverter is on atm)

Last edited:
My aliexpress hybrid inverter is working all good, no issues, very happy with it.
I was grabbing the AC in plug to plug it in and charge the battery and surprisingly i got a light shock off the plug terminals.

Grabbed my multimeter and it's registering 70v~ between positive and ground, or ground and negative, but nothing from positive to negative.

Confused, surely this end should have no voltage at all when unplugged?

One thing worth noting that that the ground is connected to the ground on the AC out. so i guess that's part of the reason (inverter is on atm)
hello its thesame with the new RENOGY 3500watt 48 volt i am getting 27 to 30 volts any idea? or update on this ? returned my renogy

If I where to guess about the jumpers I would think the unit comes ready to go as is , when you add a panel you have to ground everything in the same spot so you move the ground to a common area so your service panel , inverter , genarator , all go to one ground bar

If I where to guess about the jumpers I would think the unit comes ready to go as is , when you add a panel you have to ground everything in the same spot so you move the ground to a common area so your service panel , inverter , genarator , all go to one ground bar
There's no solar panels plugged to it. When there's only batteries and the inverter is on. The "ac in" has voltage between the ground and the +/-

O dude , some how I jumped to your post , the reply was for a different thread
Sorry
but I think you guys have the same issue , there is a green jumper wire that usually needs to come off the inverter and added to ground with all the other equipment , I don’t have any experience with your equipment .
You should not have power at the plug and I have no awnser for why it’s 70 volts

Back