Off-grid: illegal in Florida?

AndyRonLI

Solar Enthusiast
Cesspools in Long Guyland? And from you sir, I shall hear no jokes about the south!
I know! When I moved down here it freaked me out. This many folks and very few on sewers. EWW! They are finally requiring Septic Tanks upstream of cesspools or even leaching fields. Those have been required in most areas for 30 or 40 years! Even in the boondocks. Also starting to require low nitrogen systems on the shoreline. But guess what ? Fools be bitching about it! Crazy

ChillnGrill

In FL, does having an Agricultural Exemption make a difference?

We have a farm We are about to power off grid. Grid power is a mile away, so no grid power at the farm. The plan is to build an office and equipment storage on the property , but the office will eventually have "living quarters".
I was told once you build your ag exemption goes away. I think then you have to reapply.

ChillnGrill

This came from dept of Agriculture and sent to our building dept.

The first is 163.04 (2) F. S. and states:

“A property owner may not be denied permission to install solar collectors or other energy devices by any entity granted the power or right in any deed restriction, covenant, declaration, or similar binding agreement to approve, forbid, control, or direct alteration of property with respect to residential dwellings and within the boundaries of a condominium unit.”

The second is 163.3205 (3) F. S. – “A solar facility shall be a permitted use in all agricultural land use categories in a local government comprehensive plan and all agricultural zoning districts within an unincorporated area and must comply with the setback and landscaped buffer area criteria for other similar uses in the agricultural district.”

Ekard

Solar Enthusiast
With enough acerage you can still have AG with a house
That's true enough in my case, in my state and my county. I need to reserve 20 acres for forestry land use. No idea what that equates to in the OPs county, in Florida.