diy solar

diy solar

Off-Grid in the High Jungle - Please Help Design my Solar Component Wall

AgroVenturesPeru

I'm building an off-grid home. The walls are a 4mm thick drywall material called Superboard with aluminum supports.
The main structure of the home was welded with black steel.

I've left one wall open (pictured), because I'm still trying to figure out how to install my solar components.

In the attached image the steel roof is about 1-2 feet above the black, horizontal steel beam. I plan to perforate the roof and run 3 positive cables, and 3 negative cables down into my PV parallel combiner box. From there, I need to mount:

(A) 70cm tall x 50cm wide by 20cm deep cabinet with victron cerbo gx, touch 50, busbars, fuses, etc.;
(B) Victron 250/100MPPT
(C) Victron Multiplus 48/5000/70-100
(D) Battery rack of 4 Pylontech US3000 LiFePo4 batteries (but I'll just put this on the floor instead of trying to mount an extra 140 kilograms to the wall)

I'm thinking about using nuts and bolts to mount these components somewhat inside the wall by installing, with a welder, some horizontal strips of steel. Is it okay to use steel as a material on which to mount these components? I have plenty laying around. I want to leave a lot of airflow between the components, but I'm not sure if the conductivity of the steel will be problematic somehow.
Maybe we should go with thick boards of local wood instead? Of course, then there is a fire risk involved.

Also, I'm not sure what the proper positioning and arrangement would be for these components. Can you please help?

Attachments

• 20210403_112524 - Copy.jpg
    20210403_112524 - Copy.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back