diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid Music

Divad

Im using my Bluetooth speaker in my soon to be solar powered shed but was wanting something a bit better.

Ive got a car stereo but it says that its 100w, 25w per channel x 4. So at low to medium volume do they actually draw 100w?

If i only run 2 speakers would it draw max. 50w?

Whats everyone else using in their solar powered sheds, homes?

Thnanx Dave.

a better Bluetooth speaker might be a better plan.
You would need to measure the ampdraw to know what usage is on the equipment, amp watts are peak rated, hard to guess what a random setup would draw.

jbl portable loudspeaker can be chained up to 100.
fully charged you get 8 hours of music.
you can keep them charged with a small 5V panel.

I just picked up one of those f900s amps. Kinda impressive

13-24v input, built in BT, nice big knob and terminals.

Thanx for your replies, ive got a better Bluetooth speaker and also have a car radio and some speakers that ill hook up and check the power usage.

Thanx Dave

Best setup I have found so far is a Bluetooth class D amp est. 25 watt x2 and two Dayton audio transducers on some pink foam insulation. Powering it from 4 18650's in a parallel series configuration @ 16.8v
Transducer
Similar to mine

The better Bluetooth speaker thAt i have is charged via a 240v power brick (Australia here) and i would prefer to have the system powered by 12v.

As i already have a 12v head deck i have ordered a pair of these Speakers to give a try.

Apparently they sound pretty good. Here is a long video of their performance. Worlds Best Speakers?

Thanx for replies Dave

What is your run time with that setup?
I've never really measured it I use it in the garage off and on for weeks before charging. Could play few hours at a time. I also have a G-boom when the original battery died I bought some 18650 holders with 2 ea. at 8v I wired this to it ran the wires to the outside it last a long long while.

I have a 1 watt 12v FM transmitter which has a range of 1/2 mile. I have 3 terabytes of music which runs on shuffle, but it can use a streaming service or anything really for the music source. Then I just use whatever FM radio is available. My Motorola phone can pick up FM, I use that a lot.

Back