diy solar

diy solar

Off grid treehouse 48 v

Toddburkett

Hi I’m definitely a newbie, live in Nashville Tennessee, have an off grid 650 square-foot treehouse. I recently just installed a geothermal loop for my treehouse, 55 Chevy radiator box fan 600 feet of ground loop, uses 135 W to produce 65° air-conditioning I decided to get a real solar system, bought 24 used panels off of Will‘s recommendation and an all in one in PPT 6.5 kW 48 V system also off of his website! Have not purchased my battery system yet I was thinking of waiting until after the panels and charge controller are installed to see what actual power I’m going to receive, I’m in a valley so not sure how many hours of sunlight I’m going to get. Minimum battery I’m going to get would be hundred amp hour Sok lithium iron phosphate probably? But I am considering custom building to get more
capacity!
I don’t know what connectors I need yet or fuses for the DC from the panels and I’m looking for some advice, plus best place to ground the system ?from the panel? To the ground like a normal house? I plan on building a wooden support structure for the panels as I have a band sawmill, but not sure how to attach the panels to that or should I consider something else?

Sorry double post, please only respond to original post, till I can figure out how to delete duplicate

Back