diy solar

diy solar

Off grid using EG4 3000EHV-48 all in one

Mr.S

Hello, I am new to the forum and have a little background in electrical work but no experience in PV systems. My system that I am working on consists of 5 375w panels mounted on a wood frame/stand and a single EG4 3000EHV for 120v only and off grid only. I have all of the inverter and related components in a small separate building and the "main" panel in my shop about 15 feet away. I had the system looked over by an engineer but he does not specialize in solar so I just wanted to double check here to make sure all of the wiring looks correct.
I have been reading for what feels like forever on topics of how to and how not to wire my current system (mostly due to the neutral ground bonding and solar frame grounding). I have found mountains of conflicting information and most of the information is in relation to on-grid and/or 240 split phase. I am hoping to get clarification on how this system should be wired. I currently have the earth ground connected at the main panel and non-bonded neutral ground at that panel. I have been reading that it could be best to bond at this panel and disconnect the bond at the inverter, but it would be my preference to not open up the inverter. Also, regarding the ground for the solar panel frames, should they tie back to the main grounding rod at the shop? I have read that it could be good to have a separate grounding rod, and also that having a separate rod is dangerous.
I know these questions have been asked many times and I hate to ask them all again, but all of this reading has left me less than confident in my understanding. The web can be your best friend and you worst enemy all at the same time and I just want to be safe. The wiring is as follows (I know... it is a real work of art).

1659388790113.png

Exactly how your drawing shows, is correct.
If the inverter bonds neutral and ground, then don't bond in the panel. If it doesn't, then do.
Don't forget to also ground your loads panel. (The enclosure)

Exactly how your drawing shows, is correct.
If the inverter bonds neutral and ground, then don't bond in the panel. If it doesn't, then do.
Don't forget to also ground your loads panel. (The enclosure)
Thanks for the response, the panel should be grounded through the grounding bar, it is screwed to the box and has continuity with the panel housing (I am assuming this is sufficient). This is both a question and a statement :unsure:

Thanks for the response, the panel should be grounded through the grounding bar, it is screwed to the box and has continuity with the panel housing (I am assuming this is sufficient). This is both a question and a statement :unsure:
Yes
Excellent

Back