diy solar

diy solar

Offgrid Cabin - Growatt 5000es and Generator connection options

Quick update - Installed two 5000es-us a couple weeks ago in parallel and one of them faulted out within a couple days with a code 09. Have a call with SS for later today to confirm what I am seeing. Pretty disappointed if it ends up being a fatal issue since the load on it was under 500w. No comment on SS customer service yet outside of it has taken 4 days so far to get to this point. Glad we went with two inverters for the back up scenario.

We'll see if we stick with this setup but already thinking of alternatives given the newer posts/reports over the past few months of these units not lasting that long or having nagging issues with flicker/screens/fault codes. I don't mind the DIY aspect but I do mind crappy reliability - was hoping for at least a year+ not 48hrs....

Fault code 09 is "Bus soft start failed".
Assuming that you have tried to restart it. (Maybe multiple times? )
It does sound like an internal issue.

Fault code 09 is "Bus soft start failed".
Assuming that you have tried to restart it. (Maybe multiple times? )
It does sound like an internal issue.
Correct - the scenarios I’ve found online ended up being blown mosfits/resisters so my hopes are very small at this point. SS delayed the tech call to tomorrow

Well they cancelled the last min. on Friday and reschedule for Saturday and then they cancelled the 2nd appointment with no rescheduled time... This is frustrating and completely unprofessional given the $$ spent this past year at Signature Solar... I believe there is a Signature Solar rep on this board. Can someone tag him to this thread... Hate to be that guy but given how much has been spent with this company the past 6 months on inverters, auto transformers, batteries and rack I would've expected some basic customer service here...

Well they cancelled the last min. on Friday and reschedule for Saturday and then they cancelled the 2nd appointment with no rescheduled time... This is frustrating and completely unprofessional given the $$ spent this past year at Signature Solar... I believe there is a Signature Solar rep on this board. Can someone tag him to this thread... Hate to be that guy but given how much has been spent with this company the past 6 months on inverters, auto transformers, batteries and rack I would've expected some basic customer service here...
@SignatureSolarJames
@SignatureSolarAdam
@signaturesolarHelpUs

Back