diy solar

diy solar

Offgrid Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM inverter and panel grounding question

Fear58

Hello all,

Purchased a 24V Growatt 3000TL inverter and planning to install it this weekend in a small barn. I read that Neutral and Ground may be bonded in this unit.
Planning to install this in a total off-grid installation setting (will never connect utility power). I was planning to drive a grounding electrode and connect to my small 70amp panel, and connecting ACout from the Growatt and bonding N-G at the panel.

Is the 3000W 24V Growatt unit N-G bonded? If so, is it permanent or is there some internal circuitry that adjusts this based on configuration parameters input by the user? Is my plan sound, or should I just not connect to a grounding electrode and have a floating ground?

Hello all,

Purchased a 24V Growatt 3000TL inverter and planning to install it this weekend in a small barn. I read that Neutral and Ground may be bonded in this unit.
Planning to install this in a total off-grid installation setting (will never connect utility power). I was planning to drive a grounding electrode and connect to my small 70amp panel, and connecting ACout from the Growatt and bonding N-G at the panel.

Is the 3000W 24V Growatt unit N-G bonded? If so, is it permanent or is there some internal circuitry that adjusts this based on configuration parameters input by the user? Is my plan sound, or should I just not connect to a grounding electrode and have a floating ground?
It is in the manual. I think the internal bonding is off by default. It seems there is a relay with an option that can allow it to be "on" under some conditions. Bonding in/at your service panel, Yes ways the best.

Edit: Correction... must have got this unit confused with something else. Nothing in the manual that I can find.

Last edited:
You're plan is correct. If the inverter has an internal bonding relay (not likely), it's not an issue if the distance is minimal. (Inverter next to Panel)
I wouldn't worry about it for an off grid setup.
It's a major issue, when adding a grid connection.

Back