diy solar

diy solar

OffGrid Home - 30kW too much?

No I don’t, I was doing some research and came across this auto start generator which seems perfect for going off grid. There are a few videos on YouTube and it appears that it can be set to any starting voltage, I emailed the supplier for information on warranty and they replied within a day. I really like that the generator is also the starting motor, almost seems to good to be true at that price.
Ya. I reached out to them as well. I didn't get any pricing though. Nor an answer on the voltage range. So thanks for the voltage range info. What did you get for a price?

Plus shipping I figure? Still. Pretty reasonable for what it does. Want one if I bring in five or six. I'm in eastern Ontario.

We must be neighbours, go to dcautogen.com, pricing under products. Thanks, I don’t have enough panel space to consider going off grid.

Jake in Fort Erie

Has anyone used PVGIS (https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html) before? I'm getting figures that are significantly different to pvwatts, and significantly different figures from one option to the next within the PVGIS system itself.

Also, how accurate is pvwatts? I know its a model and that its historical and it's impossible to get 100% but how close is it compared to what people have found in real life? Is it worth my time or may i just as well stick my finger in the air and guess.

PVwatts is telling my that optimal angle for December is ~75 degrees 180 Azimuth, whereas PVGIS (offgid option) is saying that 0 degrees is best but then on grid tied option is saying ~75 degrees again but azimuth of 1. Massively confusing me!

For PV watts, the output has matched what it says for the 30 days I’ve used my system for my RV. I am in ideal conditions in sunny Arizona.

I would like to get a wind turbine. I’m also looking for something much less powerful than 18 kwh per day of production.

With what little looking I’ve done for small wind turbines, I would consider an Primus Air 30 or Air 40. It has a built in Charge controller. They also have made about 100,000+ Turbines and have been around since 1955. Nothing else I see on Amazon or E-Bay has any decent reviews. In fact a lot of the wind turbines I see have bad reviews and seem to be rebranded and released by a different company.

Back