diy solar

diy solar

OG Gyll and Growatt [SPF 12000T DVM] Communication

Zatman

I have the original Gyll batteries (4) and my Growatt 12k finally installed and wired up. After many hours on the phone with Signature Solar trying various configurations, I was informed that, that line of batteries was unable to work with that inverter on the LI Setting Option for Program 5 because they won't communicate and therefor cause an "error 20". First of all, my question is; why not? The batteries can talk to a PC running a program. There's no reason Growatt can't have a firmware released that can do the same thing. On that note I updated the firmware to the latest release that SS had listed on their YouTube channel google folder. By the way, this really should be on their site under each product, but I digress.

Has anyone found a way to get them to work together using the LI Setting Option for Program 5?

P.S. Is there a way to turn the beep off for this model? I know where it is and even the shortcut(down+enter), but it does nothing.

Thanks

I have the original Gyll batteries (4) and my Growatt 12k finally installed and wired up. After many hours on the phone with Signature Solar trying various configurations, I was informed that, that line of batteries was unable to work with that inverter on the LI Setting Option for Program 5 because they won't communicate and therefor cause an "error 20". First of all, my question is; why not? The batteries can talk to a PC running a program. There's no reason Growatt can't have a firmware released that can do the same thing. On that note I updated the firmware to the latest release that SS had listed on their YouTube channel google folder. By the way, this really should be on their site under each product, but I digress.

Has anyone found a way to get them to work together using the LI Setting Option for Program 5?

P.S. Is there a way to turn the beep off for this model? I know where it is and even the shortcut(down+enter), but it does nothing.

Thanks
I have a similar setup and came across your post. I have the Growatt 6k off-grid inverter but BMS communication does not work. So I have to use set Points recommended in other posts to make it work. I really wish I had BMS communication though. Did you get this resolved?

Back