diy solar

diy solar

On line Monitoring

dualsport

On line monitoring shows 12.4kWp installed, nameplate is 18.3kWp. Last years total was 14300kWh.
Using 14300/12.4=1193kWh, better than all local systems
Using " " /18.3= 793kWh worse than all local systems.
I asked the dealer and he tells me its a different way to measure something about AC vs DC.
Can anyone explain this? This will fool anyone using this as a comparison in my opinion, that this is the best system.
Grant money installed solar on 3 public buildings, one south facing the other two combinations of E/W. The south facing
always showed nameplate, my questions led to one building be changed to nameplate, no one remaining building continues as
above. How many ways are there to show on line monitoring installed kWp?

kWp is the "ideal peak"...which is probably done under test conditions you will rarely, if ever, see in real life...

so its not exactly misleading if everyone is using the same test criteria; its not what YOU will get, but it can be used to compare different systems.
sadly, If there is no "actual standard" testing procedure and conditions, well, its a meaningless number.

I did a couple googles on kwp and actual standards..nothing jumped up other than lots of use of the word "standard" and "ideal conditions"...
granted I only spent a couple minutes looking for ya hehe

your live monitoring equipment, unless defective or really out of cal, is probably showing you what is really going on.

What I think is going on is the installer won the bid, installed cheap or substandard equipment took the money and put the numbers on line monitoring so it all looked real good.

Back