diy solar

diy solar

One 280ah EVE cell arrived with a missing terminal. Possible to fix, or replace quickly? (From Liitokala Store on AliExpress)

jrfried

Vari-Core-Battery-Problem.png

I bought 8 Eve cells from the "Liitokala VariCore Flagship Store" on AliExpress (following the link from Will's video here:
)

7 of the cells seem to be in good shape (though haven't done capacity testing yet). All the terminals are solid, no visible swelling. However, one of the cells arrived with one of the terminals completely missing.

Obviously pretty frustrating since I need all 8 batteries for the 24v system I am building. Does anyone else have experience with this issue? I feel like soldering a terminal on would be difficult.

Are there any recommendations for who I could buy an additional battery from to complete the set? Ideally from somewhere in the US, since I don't want to wait an additional 2-3 months.

Thanks all!
-Joe

I bought 8 Eve cells from the "Liitokala VariCore Flagship Store" on AliExpress

7 of the cells seem to be in good shape (though haven't done capacity testing yet). All the terminals are solid, no visible swelling. However, one of the cells arrived with one of the terminals completely missing.

Obviously pretty frustrating since I need all 8 batteries for the 24v system I am building. Does anyone else have experience with this issue? I feel like soldering a terminal on would be difficult.

Are there any recommendations for who I could buy an additional battery from to complete the set? Ideally from somewhere in the US, since I don't want to wait an additional 2-3 months.
Wow that sucks. Can't really see how the terminal is made from that pic. Is it all aluminum ?
Are the threads 6mm X 1.0 thread ? If you took an aluminum nut and welded it onto the terminal,
I think that would carry the amperage without over-heating. The weld would need to be TIG welded and substantial.
I can't really tell from the quality of the pic.
I bought 16 batteries from the same store and haven't received mine yet.
I then bought 16 more from Amy Wan. She has a good reputation here.

Last edited:
Back