diy solar

diy solar

OpenOffice

12VoltInstalls

life passes by too quickly to not live in freedom
I have an expired Office365 and I am averse to paying $100 a year for something I seldom use. I remember Apache had openOffice years ago; is that a decent option ? Looking for opinions from folks currently using that under Windows 10.

I use Open Office and Google Docs. Office when I need to do something more complicated, and Docs for the majority of my basic spreadsheets and word processing. I found OO to have a bit of a learning curve, as the UI looks pretty different (same functionality) from Microsoft stuff.

I use Libreoffice daily. There are very tiny user life experience things that I dislike when using my laptop, but other than that its excellent.

Thank you all- Downloaded OO over a cell booster in a matter of a minute or less and was up and going moments later.
. I found OO to have a bit of a learning curve, as the UI looks pretty different (same functionality) from Microsoft stuff.
I found it to be instantly accessible and familiar as it acts like the older MS stuff and not all fuzzy like the apple-wanna-be gui is to me.

Did what i needed in five minutes and I like the gui vs. having to figure out what button to push

I just assumed you were older - hilarious just now when I realized that what was a convention for almost 25 or 30 years was considered in need of a learning curve LOL :)

I am a former Microsoft Core Engineer... I Use LibreOffice and have for a Very Long Time. It is a fork of Apache Open Office but with a few extra tweaks. Be sure to get any extra dictionaries etc you may want, optionally it's good to have the Help Downloaded too.

I am a former Microsoft Core Engineer... I Use LibreOffice and have for a Very Long Time. It is a fork of Apache Open Office but with a few extra tweaks. Be sure to get any extra dictionaries etc you may want, optionally it's good to have the Help Downloaded too.

didnt good ol' bill give you a life long subscription to office / office365 ?

Didn't know LibreOffice was a fork of Apache Open Office. Along with OO they are all three better then feeding that disgusting MS Gates any money. Apparently he used all that money to travel the worked killing people with his Vaccine scandal. Just look what he did to India for the second time and Africa.
Everyone needs to throw their Office 365 subscription in the trash and move on.

I have an expired Office365 and I am averse to paying $100 a year for something I seldom use. I remember Apache had openOffice years ago; is that a decent option ? Looking for opinions from folks currently using that under Windows 10.
You are using Apache OpenOffice, yeah? It’s the best approach, but I've been using WPS Office for almost 3 years and my advice is that you should try this.

Back