diy solar

diy solar

Opinion - Build it or Buy it

I think most here are suggesting batteries bigger than you need. I use a 12v, 20Ah lifepo4 battery for my CPAP when camping and for power outages. Get the OEM 12v cord, not the after market one. A folding 100w solar panel and PWM charge controller should keep it charged if your usage is anything near mine. Remember folks, he is camping so it needs to be portable.
Is there a difference between the OEM cord and after market, except the $20-$40 price difference. Also a folding or portable solar panel is in the future, I need to get this and prove it out before SWMBO goes out to use it. Yes you are correct, right now is camping and in a few years at retirement the travel trailer will be the house for a few years

Bob

I use the heater on mine at night, but I have 12kWh feeding the 5th wheel overnight. ;)

Is there a difference between the OEM cord and after market, except the $20-$40 price difference. Also a folding or portable solar panel is in the future, I need to get this and prove it out before SWMBO goes out to use it. Yes you are correct, right now is camping and in a few years at retirement the travel trailer will be the house for a few years

Bob
There must be some circuitry in the cords as some CPAP machines will not work without the OEM cord. At least based on my experience.

I’m glad to see more people have contributed answers! While this is indeed a DIY forum, part of our service to others should be to help inform about all options that might meet a person‘s needs. It’s not like we don’t discuss factory made power stations, after all!

Good job, forumites!

Back