diy solar

diy solar

Opinions on Eco-Worthy and Vestwoods 250+ah LifeP04 batteries?

Rocksnsalt
Why do you need an app to use a battery?
Does your sprinter have an app for you to look and see its current 'fuel' level? .... Hell, it's got a miracle thing called a 'gauge!'
Just get a battery monitor & shunt, then you can see accurate Ah's remaining in a second, before you've managed to get your phone out & unlocked.
Jeez, people are controlled by their 'smart? phone' ....such a slow process, not 'Smart' at all.

Also, why do you need a battery with low temperature protection?
Your Victron Charge 'Controller' will do that for you! Why do you need 2?

Condemn the battery as rubbish, return it and write a bad review?

I've seen so many of these consumer level LFP get lots of negative buyer reviews because the owner has no idea what they are doing most of the time.
E.g.
"This LFP battery is not charging up, it's been sat at 13.4v for over1 HR, it's FAULTY! I'm returning it!"

Then the other extreme of a seller promoting a 200Ah battery he's testing/selling, charged via his vans Victron 30A b2b .....
"It literally takes 15 minutes of engine running to bring the battery up to a full charge when the voltage has dropped below 12V"
What a clueless idiot!!? If he was replacing 180ah's in 15mins, he'd have to charge it @about 720A ..... I.e. a 10Kwh electric car charger!

Most of these problems with LFP are the 'Humans'?
(Just my opinion ?)

Seems a bit of a caustic opinion(s). Ya’ll went full Karen.
I’m not big on tech but when I buy a product that says it has a bluetooth app, I assume (wrongfully in this case) the app has been tested for ease of use etc. It’s obvious in this case that didn’t happen. But I’d bet money they’ll improve the app soon due to feedback of mine and others. At least I hope so.

You know nothing of my use case, where a guage or meter may be located, what items may need to be moved in order to view the info. An app is simply another option that can make viewing info easier.

Have a great day

A fuel gauge? I remember a time when my grandpa had to put a stick in his fuel tank to check the level in his tractor and later in my life a had a friend just kept track of his mileage-per-fill-up instead of having his fuel gauge fixed on his car. So why do you need a fuel gauge? I guess it is all in how much conveniences a person wants.

I personally am grateful for Rocksnsalt to post such results. I also paid more for my Powerurus battery for it's bluetooth connectivity and potential app and though the battery seems good, the functionality of the app is not worth paying premium for. It does have a 200amp BMS which seems to live up to its specs. I am trying to figure out if I can connect to it with another app, or a smart home program like Home Assistant to make it more useful. I have given my input to Powerurus/Roypow and hope they will make improvements on their app.
Seems a bit of a caustic opinion(s). Ya’ll went full Karen.
I think the fact that obd.tech has a bluetooth battery of his own and a uses the DC home system indicates he may have had a bit of sarcasm intended. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/r...y-wont-charge-bms-fault-or-part-missing.44999

I considered returning my battery for the app functionality. Why? Because it cost me hundreds of dollars more than similar batteries without the bluetooth features. But as I would have to pay $150 for shipping it back and the seller was trying to make it right, I decided to keep my purchase.

But personally, I am looking forward to better use of my bluetooth capabilities. It will sure beat putting my tongue across the battery terminals to determine the state of charge of my battery. ;)

Just saw the 250 ahr versions of the Vestwoods come back online at Amazon.
They now sell a version with a 100 ah BMS and a 200 ah BMS.

So there were internal changes to at least one of the models.
Wonder if they changed the cells or if these will still be 20 ahr short....

Last edited:
Just saw the 250 ahr versions of the Vestwoods come back online at Amazon.
They now sell a version with a 100 ah BMS and a 200 ah BMS.

So there were internal changes to at least one of the models.
Wonder if they changed the cells or if these will still be 20 ahr short....
Yes I saw they are back. If the app was easier to use, would rember the battery(s) and would allow renaming the battery, I’d be 100% happy with my purchase. Hopefully they upgrade the app soon, if they do, I’ll buy another.
Not sure they are all coming up short on ah, I’ll run a test on mine at some point.
Right now dealing with covid and have zero energy. Ehhhk. ?

Just saw these Vestwoods offerings with inverter as well:

Last edited:
Any updates on this battery app and performance. The price seems too good to be true. Also I have heard that the Overkill BMS talks to many BMS,s maybe it would work on this battery.

Any updates on this battery app and performance. The price seems too good to be true. Also I have heard that the Overkill BMS talks to many BMS,s maybe it would work on this battery.
I’ve had the Vestwoods 250ah Ultra battery with 200a bms since Sept 2022. I use it as aux power for my Bluetti AC200Max in my Sprinter van. I haven’t used it a lot but when I have it’s been fine, just the app really has a lot of room for improvement. I’ve confirmed low temp protection works on mine.
I’m going to check the app out in a bit and will report back if I see any improvements.
It does seem to be a solid bang for the buck. I really wish the ecoworthy 260ah battery had low temp and blutooth since it’s a smaller form factor. I plan on adding 2 to 3 more batteries to get up to 10-12kwh once I get my van build sorted out and gather a few more Victron items. The Bluetti will likely live in my shop/garage then.

Vestwoods 250ah Ultra:

Ecoworthy 260ah:

Last edited:
I noticed that the 250Ah Ultra is not listed on the Vestwoods website . I messaged their Colorado store and they said that it was discontinued and that they had some left that were on sale.

I emailed the china headquarters and asked them if the 250 Ultra was discontinued and they didn’t really answer my question. They said they didn’t have any 250Ah Ultras or 300Ah batteries and said I should buy the 200Ah instead.

I noticed that the 250Ah Ultra is not listed on the Vestwoods website . I messaged their Colorado store and they said that it was discontinued and that they had some left that were on sale.
Well that’s not good news. Guess I’ll be looking for other batteries now. ??‍♂️

Yes I am really disappointed. I guess the price was too good to be true. It is kind of surprising it looks like this company has been around for some time and should be legitimate and able to deliver a quality product.

There is a Hyesn 100Ah Bluetooth with self heating sold by Eco Worthy. What is cool is the battery top is removable and the price is reasonable at $370.

Yes I am really disappointed. I guess the price was too good to be true. It is kind of surprising it looks like this company has been around for some time and should be legitimate and able to deliver a quality product.
Right, that was my thinking. Didn’t really consider them a risky purchase.

Re 100ah, I’d prefer 250-400ah since I’m planning 10-12kwh.

I see why you would want to go with larger batteries especially if the price per Ah goes down with increased size. On the other hand a failure in a large battery would be the equivalent of loosing 3 100Ah batteries at once. Ouch. Also I have to remove my batteries and store them each winter which is easier for me with several light weight batteries vs 2 very very heavy large batteries.

I see why you would want to go with larger batteries especially if the price per Ah goes down with increased size. On the other hand a failure in a large battery would be the equivalent of loosing 3 100Ah batteries at once. Ouch. Also I have to remove my batteries and store them each winter which is easier for me with several light weight batteries vs 2 very very heavy large batteries.
Space efficiency is key in a van, and fewer connections which are possible points of failure is a consideration.
If I have (4) 250ah batteries and 3 fail for some reason, I’ll still be fine. 1st world problem.

Though I would certainly want to figure out what caused the failures.

I only understood about 2/3 of what you said.
And I am a newb at this stuff.

Like the reviewer mentioned, it seems most battery reviews I’ve seen come in at or slightly higher than claimed ah.
I’m actually not too concerned about the shortage and will test mine at some point and if it’s low I’ll deal with it then.
It was 23 cents a watt. Still a lot of power even if it tests 10% short of claimed.
But I certainly am of the opinion it should be what the manufacturer claims it is.
Maybe the reviewer result is a statistical outlier, maybe not.

Mine is charging currently as I cycled it down to 16% Sunday using it to run a small 250w heater.
Yes I need 250ah/3.2kwh and will add another 250ah in increments to get to either 750 or 1000ah. The goal is to get in the 10 to 12kwh range.
In a Sprinter van.
If this battery turns out to be no longer be available I’ll use it in my garage/man cave and likely buy server rack batteries. Though the eco worthy 280ah batteries are still of interest to me. Love the compact form factor, but no low temp protection. Lame.
I do not understand why high AND low temp protection is not a standard minimal practice on all LifeP04 batteries. Might as well add Bluetooth to that as well.
I built my own battery's, 280ah and they are half the size and a quarter of the weight of the Vestwood 250ah battery. I have bluetooth, balancing, low temp protection and a heater if needed. I ordered a Vestwood 250ah for my full size camper, i didnt have time to build the battery bank, and the camper will be plugged in most of the time. I'm suspicious of the Vestwoods weight , concerned they are actually lead agm batteries. Particularly the caution to keep away from flame. My Sprinter has 600ah of capacity, I can run my AC off the inverter for 10 hours. I would never have had the room if I used the Vestwood batteries.

I built my own battery's, 280ah and they are half the size and a quarter of the weight of the Vestwood 250ah battery. I have bluetooth, balancing, low temp protection and a heater if needed. I ordered a Vestwood 250ah for my full size camper, i didnt have time to build the battery bank, and the camper will be plugged in most of the time. I'm suspicious of the Vestwoods weight , concerned they are actually lead agm batteries. Particularly the caution to keep away from flame. My Sprinter has 600ah of capacity, I can run my AC off the inverter for 10 hours. I would never have had the room if I used the Vestwood batteries.
It’s been a while, but if I recall correctly 66 pounds was the weight of my 250 AH Westwoods battery. That seems comparable to others in that range.
Though there seems to be some wide variance which I attribute at least some to be because of box choice and filler block or foam spacer choice.

I’m curious in what temperature and humidity conditions can you run your Sprinter AC for 10 hours, what the delta T is, and which ac unit do you have?

Glad you’re happy with your self build. ??

Not Calif, northern MN 8k btu ac.
That tells me nothing about condition in which your ac can run for 10hrs.
Just trying to learn what is working for some, and why it doesn’t work for others.

Again,

I’m curious in what temperature and humidity conditions can you run your Sprinter AC for 10 hours, what the delta T is, and which ac unit do you have?

ps Ca has a very wide variation in temps, from death valley and other deserts, various beach areas, to lake tahoe, mt whitney etc.

Back