diy solar

diy solar

Opinions on the better choice?

wired1

Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM​

or

MPP HYBRID LV2424 – 24V 2.4kW​

Also, will I have any trouble setting up the charger in the software on either? The growatt says my BMS will not communicate with the inverter?

Your BMS will not communicate with the MPP Solar unit either.

Investigate the way each unit handles AC charging. They are different. The Growatt system is atypical.

Your BMS will not communicate with the MPP Solar unit either.

Investigate the way each unit handles AC charging. They are different. The Growatt system is atypical.
Snoobler, Does that even matter or should I be concerned? I'm not even sure what to look for? I do wish to charge it from both the grid and my generator. Is there another unit you know of that would serve me better?

A big part of my problem not having enough time to learn much as I need whatever I'm going to get to be shipped soon to make a consolidation from my freight company

If you intend to have grid or generator charging as part of your system, you should be concerned.

I bet there's a giant solar part sale site that has all the guys like me returning all the stuff they "Thought" was going to work :)

I'm walking around the house considering dropping many F'bombs right about now:unsure:

Both units enable grid/generator charging, but they behave differently.

Both units enable grid/generator charging, but they behave differently.
Well maybe I'll just buy a charger for now instead as I don't have the option of deciphering these units with my little knowledge of solar systems. Any charger that you know and could recommend that will serve me good enough without hurting the 12V 200AH LiFePO4 w/100 AMP BMS batteries or taking more than 8 hours to recharge?

So, after another day trying to learn "enough" to buy an all in one, I totally give up. Anyone know where I can buy a LiFePO4 charger, say 35-45 amp and get it by Tuesday when I have to fly out to my cottage where my grid black out issue is located? I'll be there for months and need to bring something with me. I have a 12 volt inverter there that will do "enough" to get me by for now till I get back and can study some more.

Back