diy solar

diy solar

Options for carrying ground array panels

Aakelley

Wondering what any of you that have a ground array do to bring along your panels? I just finished mounting 6 - 265w panels on a roof rack on my bus and have another 4 that I bring along with me when I know I’m going to need a lot of power and not have (or don’t want) access to a generator. Like this week at Bonnaroo- heat index of over 100 and only allowed to bring 10 gallons of gas for 5 days.

For this trip I just muscled them in through the back. They made it fine and are helping me keep cool. But wondering if there are any outside mounting options anyone has found useful? I was thinking maybe a receiver hitch rack? That way they’d be behind the bus and out of any wind / rocks / bugs and easy to get to. Any other ideas?

I have a toy hauler and store my two 320 watt panels inside. I would really like to store them outside, but the only good place is on the cargo ramp door, which is already a heavy mother to open/close.

I would not put panels on a hitch rack. Those tend to bounce all over the place.

I do sometimes tow my 2 dr Jeep Wrangler. Maybe a roof rack and some ratchet straps / padding?

Back