diy solar

diy solar

Dongguan Lighting New Technology- Order options, feedback requested

mcj7247

I've collected prices from a number of vendors and wanted to get the groups collective feedback on which deal they felt best about. These were for 8 Grade A Brand New EVE 230Ah cells with bussbars including DDR shipping to the USA. There is a pretty wide price range and a number of these vendors are mentioned in this forum. Are there any vendors that you would definitely NOT USE? Shenzhen Hongxinda New Energy, $987
Shenzhen Qishou Technology, $846
Shenzhen Basen Technology, $816
EVE Energy Co, $1210
Huizhou Chensheng Industrial, $750
Shenzhen Luyuan Technology, $998
Shenzhen Topway NewEnergy, $800
Dongguan Lightning New Technology, $967

Luyuan is the best respected here. Donguan has also received some apparently credible positive reviews.
Thanks for the feedback. A number of vendors have also contacted me directly and requested a T/T going around the Alibaba Buyers Assurance (direct bank wire) for a discount. I'm thinking that using my CC or Paypal and going through Alibaba is the best security if anything goes wrong. No guarantees they will be much help, but at least it's something? Is Alibaba Buyer Assurance a useful consideration?

Thanks for the feedback. A number of vendors have also contacted me directly and requested a T/T going around the Alibaba Buyers Assurance (direct bank wire) for a discount. I'm thinking that using my CC or Paypal and going through Alibaba is the best security if anything goes wrong. No guarantees they will be much help, but at least it's something? Is Alibaba Buyer Assurance a useful consideration?
CC or paypal is your only chance if they screw you over. I have been dealing direct for my last two orders but I had a good word of mouth recommendation that paid off. would not have tried it otherwise.

This is a big red flag. A *HUGE* red flag.
Alibaba or Aliexpress guarantees are worth the paper they are printed on. (think about it)
The only thing that really protects you is the credit card liability laws if you are in the USA, and the "we promise" guarantee of PayPal.
I'm not saying PayPal will screw you, but credit card liability limits are federal law.

I've collected prices from a number of vendors and wanted to get the groups collective feedback on which deal they felt best about. These were for 8 Grade A Brand New EVE 230Ah cells with bussbars including DDR shipping to the USA. There is a pretty wide price range and a number of these vendors are mentioned in this forum. Are there any vendors that you would definitely NOT USE? Shenzhen Hongxinda New Energy, $987
EVE Energy Co, $1210
Several of us have used Basen. I don't know about your batteries, but I assume they were also bought from EVE as matched. Basen also warehoused LF280s in CA so you can get shortened delivery times. Cost me less to get 280s from CA via Basen then from China with Luyuan. I received my batteries in 7 days and they were perfect and load tested.

EVE Energy Co, $1210
I've used Luyuan twice. Worth the extra, you get what you pay for.

I've used Luyuan twice. Worth the extra, you get what you pay for.
What does Luyuan provide that Basen doesn't? I don't see a justification for the difference in price. They both are providing the same batteries, packed well.

What does Luyuan provide that Basen doesn't? I don't see a justification for the difference in price. They both are providing the same batteries, packed well.
A track record.
So far, you've said they had a special purchase of 2000 cells. What happens when they run out?
Luyan has been delivering grade A cells since they opened. They have an ongoing contract with EVE, not a one time purchase.
There are a lot of vendors that deliver quality cells, until people begin ordering from them. With Luyan, you know you will get what you order.
So far, I've seen you receive quality cells from Basen, that doesn't mean they are the only company capable of delivering.

The original poster asked for feedback, I posted feedback about my two positive experiences.
Edit to add, the original poster asked about 230AH cells, I haven't heard that Basen got a deal on those. I know Luyan buys different sizes of cells directly from EVE, because I've ordered different sizes of cells from them.

Last edited:
A track record.
So far, you've said they had a special purchase of 2000 cells. What happens when they run out?
Luyan has been delivering grade A cells since they opened. They have an ongoing contract with EVE, not a one time purchase.
There are a lot of vendors that deliver quality cells, until people begin ordering from them. With Luyan, you know you will get what you order.
So far, I've seen you receive quality cells from Basen, that doesn't mean they are the only company capable of delivering.

The original poster asked for feedback, I posted feedback about my two positive experiences.
Edit to add, the original poster asked about 230AH cells, I haven't heard that Basen got a deal on those. I know Luyan buys different sizes of cells directly from EVE, because I've ordered different sizes of cells from them.
They have sold a variety of batteries. You have to ask what they are selling. If they say they are A+ matched and a test chart, then you can expect good batteries. Just like they also sell less consistent batteries, and they tell you, and they discount them. I think they can be expected to sell you what they say they are going to sell you and that is all you can ask for.

UPDATE- I have reviewed previous order threads posted here (very helpful) and also reviewed the offers from many of the listed vendors and have posted payment to Dongguan Lightning New Technology, through Rama Yocoub for my 8 EVE 230aH cells. I was able to process payment through my Credit Card through the Alibaba Buyer Assurance program. It required a call to my CC to bypass the fraud detection triggers which rejected the transaction initially, but it was an easy process. They are currently on Chinese holiday and I hope to have some updates in a few weeks regarding shipment details etc.

UPDATE_ I received a reply from Dongguan Lightning New Technology that my order should ship "this week". No other details or tracking info was provided.

UPDATE: (30 days since order) I received a Fedex Tracking number that shows no shipping info except the ship from location is in California. No dates or any other info. I also asked for the documented cell performance data (cell weight, internal resistance, capacity etc) and was told:

Hello Mark
I asked our team and they said that the voltage is about 3.29, the resistance is between 23 and 25.
Have a good weekend
Rama,

UPDATE: (30 days since order) I received a Fedex Tracking number that shows no shipping info except the ship from location is in California. No dates or any other info. I also asked for the documented cell performance data (cell weight, internal resistance, capacity etc) and was told:

Hello Mark
I asked our team and they said that the voltage is about 3.29, the resistance is between 23 and 25.
Have a good weekend
Rama,

Well, probably not quite the amount of detail you were looking for. Cross your fingers. I wish you luck, and hope you get good cells.
FYI, every company (including the best) gives you tracking like that. Sometimes they can give you more, but that is basically what they get from the shipping consolidators.

Well, probably not quite the amount of detail you were looking for. Cross your fingers. I wish you luck, and hope you get good cells.
FYI, every company (including the best) gives you tracking like that. Sometimes they can give you more, but that is basically what they get from the shipping consolidators.
Thanks for the info. I'm not in a rush as this will be a winter project for me but it's nice to know my order is moving along as "typical" so far.

UPDATE: (82 days since order): I've now received a second tracking number from Dongguan Lighting New Technology and it looks like the shipment has been logged at Fedex on 12/1 and is set for delivery tomorrow. According to the Fedex shipping history it's taking the grand tour of the US on it's way to NJ.
L.A,CA>Hesperia,CA>Seligman,AZ>Belen,NM>Gage,OK>Elmer,MO>Chicago,IL>E.Chicago,IN>.......

Back