diy solar

diy solar

Ordered 4 cells 280ah From Shenzhen Basen, CN

What did you decide on for an inverter? It's possible my cells are on the same boat as yours.

Which Load Tester did you go with? I had not ordered one of those, and I need to order buss bars as well. Also ordered the 280Ah on the slow boat.

Thanks. The high cut off of the inverter is 16V±0.5VDC and the low cut off is 9.8V. It's my understanding the inverter is supposed to be the first line of defense against too high or low voltage. In your case the BMS will be acting as the first line of defense. I think you will be ok as long as you stay within the knees of the cells. Something along the lines of 12 to 14 volts. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Programmable inverters are costly. This will be an exciting endeavor for me too.

Cells arrived in USA 6 Oct.
Fedex received package 10 Oct at Carson, California.
Patiently waiting. Must be ready to test cells upon arrival and inspection.

Batteries are circling Boston a bit before heading up the road to Maine.
Being told Fedex does not rush a quality delivery.
Have time for a cup of tea or two.

1603126917725.png
All cells 3.29-3.30V using my free Harbor Freight multimeter.
While they equilibrate to Maine going to scrounge a piece of copper to give them a chance to come to the same voltage before charging and testing.
All cells unpacked in good condition, happy boy!

Better than Christmas! 3.30 and 3.29? Nice. I put in the same exact order Saturday. $400 shipped. What did you steal yours for?

You going to do a capacity test? Curious what we get out of our "280ah" batts..

Back