diy solar

diy solar

Ordered 8 EVE "new" 280Ah cells from Shenzhen Luyuan

it shows a prismatic cell.. is that good or bad.. and the say old version??

4pcs EVE 280AH LiFePO4 (LFP) 3.2V Cells Battery (Bulk, Voltage & IR Matched only)---Old version

Battery Type:prismatic

Nominal Capacity:280Ah
Who are you talking to? What shows old version?

This thread is

Ordered 8 EVE "new" 280Ah cells from Shenzhen Luyuan​

anyone on the east coast near raleigh NC looking to buy bulk order?? I need 4 - 280ah 3.2...

Try here:

it shows a prismatic cell.. is that good or bad.. and the say old version??

4pcs EVE 280AH LiFePO4 (LFP) 3.2V Cells Battery (Bulk, Voltage & IR Matched only)---Old version

Battery Type:prismatic

Nominal Capacity:280Ah
That means they are EVE "N" Series cells, now updated to K Series starting this month (August 2021),
These are BULK Cells, not Matched & Batched cells with Matching Process test reports.

so what is the biggest difference between these cell and the VariCore 3.2V cells.. the price for 4 -310 Ah vari core is 460.. for the shenzhen luyuan lifepo4 280 ah it like $672.. that a $200 dollar difference.. are they worth that big a difference..?? if so how, why..
I just received a set of Qty 8 100 Amp-hr Vari-Core from the LiitokalaVariCoreFlagship store. Ordered in May 2021 came a the end of July exactly at the tail end of when promised.
The cells were all undulating on the sides and not perfectly flat like in the pictures. I did top balance them and did two cycles of charge/discharge in a 2P4S configuration as described here but without any compression.

This is what they looked like after my testing. You can see the screen capture of the comment that the manufactures said they were sent out swollen and suggesting some type of compensation for these defective cells. These cells are going into my van build. This is OK especially since they seem to have full capacity but the swelling makes compression more challenging. For a solar backup (2P16S 32x 280 amp-hr) for grid Tied solar, I think the county might take a dim view of the Vari-Core cells.IMG_4055[2].JPGIMG_4057[1].JPGIMG_4059[1].JPGIMG_4062[1].JPG

VariCoreCompensation.png

I would say it is what you intend to use them for. If you want longevity then you need a quality matching and then go with the Grade A quality.

I just received a set of Qty 8 100 Amp-hr Vari-Core from the LiitokalaVariCoreFlagship store. Ordered in May 2021 came a the end of July exactly at the tail end of when promised.
The cells were all undulating on the sides and not perfectly flat like in the pictures. I did top balance them and did two cycles of charge/discharge in a 2P4S configuration as described here but without any compression.

This is what they looked like after my testing. You can see the screen capture of the comment that the manufactures said they were sent out swollen and suggesting some type of compensation for these defective cells. These cells are going into my van build. This is OK especially since they seem to have full capacity but the swelling makes compression more challenging. For a solar backup (2P16S 32x 280 amp-hr) for grid Tied solar, I think the county might take a dim view of the Vari-Core cells.View attachment 60018View attachment 60019View attachment 60020View attachment 60021

View attachment 60022

I would say it is what you intend to use them for. If you want longevity then you need a quality matching and then go with the Grade A quality.
So, the basic difference is used and abused cells versus new and fully tested by the manufacturer that you can be confident will last their cycle life.

Cells don't bulge just sitting there, those are used (and abused) cells.

So, the basic difference is used and abused cells versus new and fully tested by the manufacturer that you can be confident will last their cycle life.

Well, they are not what I consider new, you can see the top stick-on covers all lifting. They do see mt obe full capacity as I'm pulling 180 amp=-hr from about 3.45v to 11.9v.

I'm pretty sure I will not be buying any more VariCore but will buying 32 280 matched EVEs from Amy

That means they are EVE "N" Series cells, now updated to K Series starting this month (August 2021),
These are BULK Cells, not Matched & Batched cells with Matching Process test reports.
Hello, I am trying to get my TT's solar build done in time for fall travel so I didn't want to deal with the uncertainty of overseas shipment. I was able to find domestically warehoused EVE N sells identified as A+ and Grade A (isn't that redundant). I Am told they have matching voltage and internal resistance. Obviously, this doesn't compare to what Luyuan offers, but is there a way to test if I received something comparable?

When I received my Lishen's from Michael, I checked their voltages and started top balancing. I don't know what I can test, only having a Fluke and a cheap clamp meter? Do you have a guide for battery testing, matching, etc?

Thanks

Matching & Batching requires hardware testing, the closest thing that could be used in a Civi way (and cost) would be like the Battery Tester that Will uses Thew CBA IV was replaced by the CBA V now, see here: http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=cba5

This is apparently also a Good Chinese model tester unit, the company has several.

To write up the process may be a good idea for the DIY'er types but many would not want to spend another $200 USD +/- for a testing machine.

Matching & Batching requires hardware testing, the closest thing that could be used in a Civi way (and cost) would be like the Battery Tester that Will uses Thew CBA IV was replaced by the CBA V now, see here: http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=cba5

This is apparently also a Good Chinese model tester unit, the company has several.

To write up the process may be a good idea for the DIY'er types but many would not want to spend another $200 USD +/- for a testing machine.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping there was more a person could do with a VOM. I guess I will have the user the ultimate test, longevity.

I have a YR-1035+, a 180W Capacity tester (without PC interface) and I've sampled out enough over time... The latest from Amy clock in at what they are supposed to and I have a final batch of EVE 105's for a 24V/105AH + other goodies arriving next week I think. I already have the report on them so I'm not concerned.

I have a YR-1035+, a 180W Capacity tester (without PC interface) and I've sampled out enough over time... The latest from Amy clock in at what they are supposed to and I have a final batch of EVE 105's for a 24V/105AH + other goodies arriving next week I think. I already have the report on them so I'm not concerned.
The first "test" will be appearance. Damage, swelling, QR code, etc. Some of them mark IR on the label, I can check things like that, and of course voltage. Beyond that, I will hope for the best. Waiting for tracking on the bats and BMS.

Those 105AH cells are really nice. The 4mm hole drilled is rather small, but actually done by EVE, and noticeably better. You will be very satisfied, I am.

Carl2591 -- I just became a member and I am actually looking to get 4 of the 280ah myself. I am in Garner NC, right next to Raleigh. Are you still looking for somebody to combine an order? Not sure if getting 8 vs 4 would cut down the shipping, but we can always see. I would want 4 matched cells. Message me if you are still looking. I am sending a message to you.

So the end result is what I asked for, and I received a 30% discount. So I have 8 x 100 Amp-hr cells for about $345-$105=$240. Yes, they are a little puffed but I will be putting them in my van build that is subject to the Tucson weather. They seem to have the full capacity as I can pull 180 Amp-hr going from 3.4V down to 2.9V with a max deviation of about 0.070 mV at the voltage extremes with my parallel cell matching procedure.

I could have asked for more but I did not want to get into a situation of having to send them back and the price differential between grades seems to be about 30% so I figured that was reasonable considering, I hoped for but never really expected a grade A cells for the original $340 shipped.

I'm going to be making a water cooler, steel and aluminum insulated enclosure pressurized with compression springs.

Thanks for the response. I was hoping there was more a person could do with a VOM. I guess I will have the user the ultimate test, longevity.
BTW, some of the cheap battery capacity meters on Amazon work very well, and you will probably want one anyway.

I have used both, and they are reasonably accurate, about 2-5% accuracy.

So the end result is what I asked for, and I received a 30% discount. So I have 8 x 100 Amp-hr cells for about $345-$105=$240. Yes, they are a little puffed but I will be putting them in my van build that is subject to the Tucson weather. They seem to have the full capacity as I can pull 180 Amp-hr going from 3.4V down to 2.9V with a max deviation of about 0.070 mV at the voltage extremes with my parallel cell matching procedure.

I could have asked for more but I did not want to get into a situation of having to send them back and the price differential between grades seems to be about 30% so I figured that was reasonable considering, I hoped for but never really expected a grade A cells for the original $340 shipped.

I'm going to be making a water cooler, steel and aluminum insulated enclosure pressurized with compression springs.
I paid slightly under $520 for the matched 105ah cells from Amy, shipping and Alibaba fees included (to Mesa). That is quantity 8 as well. They are really impressive quality. I just have a thing about "grade A" cells that are obviously used. Those vendors need to go out of business. Tell the truth and price accordingly, I have no problem with that. Depending on the tail current, you should get at least 95% of rated capacity at those voltages.

I paid slightly under $520 for the matched 105ah cells from Amy, shipping and Alibaba fees included (to Mesa). That is quantity 8 as well. They are really impressive quality. I just have a thing about "grade A" cells that are obviously used. Those vendors need to go out of business. Tell the truth and price accordingly, I have no problem with that. Depending on the tail current, you should get at least 95% of rated capacity at those voltages.
Based on the voltages I mentioned that is supposed to be about 90% of the total capacity so that would put it right at full capacity of 200 amp-hr for the 4S2P battery. So for basically 50% of grade A price but slightly reduced capacity; I'm not going to complain.

So we also have an order in with Amy for 32x 280 A=hr latest ver K EVE cells. $4800 or so. 50-60 days out once they ship which should be very soon.

BTW, some of the cheap battery capacity meters on Amazon work very well, and you will probably want one anyway.

I have used both, and they are reasonably accurate, about 2-5% accuracy.
I spent more money and bought this one: MakerHawk Electronic Load Tester USB Load Tester 150W 200V 20A Resistor Adjustable Constant Current Battery Capacity Tester Module Intelligent Discharge Resistance Power Tester

Will's page showed the one you mentioned and this one which he said rocks, and since I am an old time rock and roller, I went with that one. Just hope I can figure out how to use it and don't fry a battery.

BTW, I opened up all eight batteries yesterday. Ah range from 291.2922 to 291.9221. All had an IR of .17, and all tested 3.36V.

The Ah rating is per the EVE spreadsheet, I haven't done any other testing. All of the cells were perfect. Nice to pay for domestic cells at less tha across the pong pricing and not have to wait :)

I spent more money and bought this one: MakerHawk Electronic Load Tester USB Load Tester 150W 200V 20A Resistor Adjustable Constant Current Battery Capacity Tester Module Intelligent Discharge Resistance Power Tester

Will's page showed the one you mentioned and this one which he said rocks, and since I am an old time rock and roller, I went with that one. Just hope I can figure out how to use it and don't fry a battery.

BTW, I opened up all eight batteries yesterday. Ah range from 291.2922 to 291.9221. All had an IR of .17, and all tested 3.36V.

The Ah rating is per the EVE spreadsheet, I haven't done any other testing. All of the cells were perfect. Nice to pay for domestic cells at less tha across the pong pricing and not have to wait :)
Sorry, I should have offered, I have four of those I'm not using. BTW, they can be paralleled, i.e. use two and get double the amps, just add the capacity together when finished. Be conservative, some parts run REALLY hot. Obviously cheaper ordered (and long wait) from China. They are however pretty darned accurate, surprised me.

Similar device, just a few features like Bluetooth, same basic design and problems.

Mind sharing your source for those cells? Can you get a picture of the QR code?

Sorry, I should have offered, I have four of those I'm not using. BTW, they can be paralleled, i.e. use two and get double the amps, just add the capacity together when finished. Be conservative, some parts run REALLY hot. Obviously cheaper ordered (and long wait) from China. They are however pretty darned accurate, surprised me.

Similar device, just a few features like Bluetooth, same basic design and problems.

Mind sharing your source for those cells? Can you get a picture of the QR code?
I think figuring one out is enough for my brain, probably more.

I have talked about the batteries I bought in several strings. I wanted Lishens to match my Lishens but getting more of them became problematic so I considered EVE instead, or even CATL. Since I keep trying to finish my build finding some domestic EVEs seemed appealing at a price of $1216 to my door (NM). The hype was the Luyuan batteries as they were "better matched" than what Basen (or anyone) was offering. The quote from Luyuan was $1246 and the wait from China, or $1216 domestic (arrived in 7 days). I thought I was getting Ns or Ks and got () instead. Based on the date code, I am guessing late 2020 production, although the rep told me June, 2021. A mistake or not, but she didn't seem to understand the manufacturing date vs. the date EVE shipped to them. She didn't seem to honestly know she was shipping LF280 and really thought they were made in June.

Anyway, some people get all wrapped up about batteries more than 6 mon old, I don't know if I should be concerned and should be happy with what I got. One cell is out of range with the others. I am trying to get them to swap that cell, although I suspect it doesn't matter. Having one 289 with the other 291s might not matter. I have read about the others getting "matched" sets that were more than a 5ah deviation, and in two cases, they mixed LF280 and LF280N. How can that be matched?

Thanks for your almost offered :)

Back