diy solar

diy solar

Ordered 8 EVE "new" 280Ah cells from Shenzhen Luyuan

I paid slightly under $520 for the matched 105ah cells from Amy, shipping and Alibaba fees included (to Mesa). That is quantity 8 as well. They are really impressive quality. I just have a thing about "grade A" cells that are obviously used. Those vendors need to go out of business. Tell the truth and price accordingly, I have no problem with that. Depending on the tail current, you should get at least 95% of rated capacity at those voltages.
I am in the need of the same as you mentioned above. $520 for 8 cells shipped to Mesa? That is 65 usd each. Is that correct and was a recent order from AMY for Grade A cells..Just what I wish to order. Just need to contact AMY for quote. I did a direct quote from EVE via messenger and the price for a 105ah 4 cell pack grade A was 562.20 with UPS shipping, they could not quote lower ship rate today, but will on monday, shippping and handling alone was 374.60 for the 4 cells direct from EVE.
Thanks to all...great forum

The 66 is the same version as mine, an "E" series, late 2019 or early 2020. Perfectly fine cells, likely brand new, just old "new" stock.
Eve calls them LF280, the next series is when they started "mostly" using the suffix in documents.
Based on what Amy posted in her thread, she found that Mr. Photon's two LF280s with AC? s/n were made 12/17/20. So it seems although the supposition was they ended LF280 in July, they at least extended production into December. My LF280 cells from Basen are in the same S/N sequence as Mr. Photon's expected batteries.

So, that begs the question, what is "old" stock? If batteries EVE made in December weren't sent to vendors until June and July, that is either their typical process delay or for some reason they are still shipping 2020 batteries. So we would typically think of 6 or more months as old, if that is the process, and we are always getting batteries 6+ months old, then we need to call that the new "new" or ? Speaking of which, I have only heard of one person mention BXX serial batteries, ie. 2021 batteries. Have you heard of any other actual 2021 production making it here?

One concern about aging is obviously diminished capacity. Having just tested my weakest cell and have the results, please head over to my thread on load capacity so as not to get off track here.

Thanks

So, that begs the question, what is "old" stock? If batteries EVE made in December weren't sent to vendors until June and July, that is either their typical process delay or for some reason they are still shipping 2020 batteries. So we would typically think of 6 or more months as old, if that is the process, and we are always getting batteries 6+ months old, then we need to call that the new "new" or ? Speaking of which, I have only heard of one person mention BXX serial batteries, ie. 2021 batteries. Have you heard of any other actual 2021 production making it here?

My 8 cells ordered in April were made in 2021.

Attachments

• 105AF_QR_HDR.jpg
    105AF_QR_HDR.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 16
My 8 cells ordered in April were made in 2021.
I knew I had seen another B code somewhere. That kind of brings us to the question of what is the reality of the ordering process in China. If your supplier could get B cells, while other vendors are buying A cells. That would lead me to believe the B dated cells were newer/better and therefore, for whatever reason, they still had date code A cells sitting around, unsold until June and July. If I was Luyuan or Basen or any vendor, I am assuming when talking to EVE they are being given a choice, last year cells for $$ or this years cells for $$$. The vendors can still sell the 2020 cells as new and matched, etc. etc. It isn't a surprise that EVE has more than one quality or age of battery option in their warehouse.

Thanks

so what is the biggest difference between these cell and the VariCore 3.2V cells.. the price for 4 -310 Ah vari core is 460.. for the shenzhen luyuan lifepo4 280 ah it like $672.. that a $200 dollar difference.. are they worth that big a difference..?? if so how, why..
brand's different i think, and its quality should be different as well. you can buy the cells with different quality of China. but so far i got some cells in good performance.

I knew I had seen another B code somewhere. That kind of brings us to the question of what is the reality of the ordering process in China. If your supplier could get B cells, while other vendors are buying A cells. That would lead me to believe the B dated cells were newer/better and therefore, for whatever reason, they still had date code A cells sitting around, unsold until June and July. If I was Luyuan or Basen or any vendor, I am assuming when talking to EVE they are being given a choice, last year cells for $$ or this years cells for $$$. The vendors can still sell the 2020 cells as new and matched, etc. etc. It isn't a surprise that EVE has more than one quality or age of battery option in their warehouse.

Thanks
My grade B cells were received in October of 2020, and made in 2019. The data sheet changes, and used to say you could only pull full capacity for a month after manufacture. They no longer say that, so cells can still be grade A, and be manufactured 6 or more months prior. I saw all of yours pulled full capacity, so they are grade A. I know Luyuan orders the cells from EVE when you place an order, so EVE itself is sending cells they deem grade A, and they may be 6 months old.

My grade B cells were received in October of 2020, and made in 2019. The data sheet changes, and used to say you could only pull full capacity for a month after manufacture. They no longer say that, so cells can still be grade A, and be manufactured 6 or more months prior. I saw all of yours pulled full capacity, so they are grade A. I know Luyuan orders the cells from EVE when you place an order, so EVE itself is sending cells they deem grade A, and they may be 6 months old.
Or Basen in my case, but Basen pre-ordered cell to have them in inventory for when an order is placed, or in my case, already have them in the US for quicker delivery. Thanks

I'm there every other night. Pulling 360 containers out. 1 train every 3 hrs
So, can you explain what these articles mean when they say they are expanding gate hours?

"The main US marine gateway complex is pulling out all the stops in an effort to reduce congestion that is suffocating import flows. The ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are extending gate hours during nights and weekends.

Los Angeles is expanding gate hours on weekends, while Long Beach is keeping gates open between 2am and 7am."

My guess is the loading crews for trucks. But I have to dodge them with the train 24/7

My guess is the loading crews for trucks. But I have to dodge them with the train 24/7
Further research indicates that under normal conditions, trucks cannot pick up containers past business hours. They are now planning to allow trucks in the yards 24/7. But, experts say that this is a 'nothingburger' due to the fact that there is no place to deliver the containers in the middle of the night, so it's unlikely many trucks will pick up after hours anyway. :(

Back