diy solar

diy solar

Ordered 8x272ah Lishen Cells from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan

Just placed my order for 8x272ah Lishen Cells from @Amy Wan (Luyuan) at Shenzhen Luyuan.

Super nervous and excited at the same time...

Will follow up with photos when I start assembling them.
Its about 40to45 days lead time... plenty of time to get your BMS, wires, figure out if compressing or not, and source wires and terminals.

Congrats, keep the excitement.. its a great feeling

Its about 40to45 days lead time... plenty of time to get your BMS, wires, figure out if compressing or not, and source wires and terminals.

Congrats, keep the excitement.. its a great feeling
I ordered a Chargery DMS and DCC Contactors from Amy at the same time.

USD 1232.00 including Chargery BMS + DCC Contactors and Shipping to British Columbia Canada.
What, Amy could not get it to $1234.00 LOL ? Gosh Dang It !
You do not have to worry much, just the patience factor will test ya, darn slow boats...

You will want to get your hands on a good Bench Power Supply to Top Charge the cells to 3.65V and then to Top Balance the set prior to assembling into a battery pack. I am going to put this "blunt", do not piss away time with a 10A or 12A charger. It takes a LOT to charge these things... a 280AH EVE from 2.60V to 3.65V takes 12-14 hours with a charge starting at 40 Amps ! for ONE Cell.

I am attaching the Preliminary version of the: Luyuan Tech Basic LiFePO4 guide V1.0a.pdf which will likely cover most of your questions. I hope you find it helpful. Amy will have this available on the Luyuan Site along with more as time goes on.

EDIT: Linked now to Resource
Luyuan Tech Basic Lifepo4 Guide | DIY Solar Power Forum (diysolarforum.com)

Last edited:
What, Amy could not get it to $1234.00 LOL ? Gosh Dang It !
You do not have to worry much, just the patience factor will test ya, darn slow boats...

You will want to get your hands on a good Bench Power Supply to Top Charge the cells to 3.65V and then to Top Balance the set prior to assembling into a battery pack. I am going to put this "blunt", do not piss away time with a 10A or 12A charger. It takes a LOT to charge these things... a 280AH EVE from 2.60V to 3.65V takes 12-14 hours with a charge starting at 40 Amps ! for ONE Cell.

I am attaching the Preliminary version of the: Luyuan Tech Basic LiFePO4 guide V1.0a.pdf which will likely cover most of your questions. I hope you find it helpful. Amy will have this available on the Luyuan Site along with more as time goes on.
That document is absolutely brilliant..!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Dancing on the edge with the NY. And sharing the excitement :)
... just placed my 4x272ah @Amy, shipping to EU.
Sea & around same 45days - hope to get them before start of spring(safe).

Mine was $78 per cell including bus bars and bolts. Not including freight which was $396 to Australia. All prices USD

Anyone else had an update since ordering..? I haven't heard anything for 3 days, not sure what is normal and don't want to be impatient.. lol

Just chatted with Amy and the delay was due to the braided bus bars. I've dropped them from the order and she is shipping today. Have to say she is super responsive and helpful. Hopefully this goes well, I've got a plan to augment our house system with 36KWH of batteries next. :)

Yay, my batteries shipped today. Amy sent through some photos and videos showing the voltage and resistance testing. Very excited. :)

in my case it took some ~3days after I paid, when Amy got back with pictures of cells and video with voltage&resistance measures (with a personalized "for Austris" label next to it:)).
And the other 2-3days and the tracking number was sent. Should be on the boat already (I hope), escaping the CNY :)
1610609819886.png

My 16 cells which I ordered on 12/8/2021 arrived on my doorstep today 1/27 via UPS. I believe the vessel may have arrived much earlier and that congestion at the port of LA or Long Beach and/or customs caused some delays.
NOTE: I posted this in the Lishen thread by mistake but shipping times apply to all cell types.

Last edited:
A tidbit of Trivia.

At the end of 2019/early 2020 no vendor put a name card or showed the tests to clients.
I and another member suggested to Amy (who was @ Xuba at the time) to do this and to put a Name Card with people's orders so they knew it was theirs and a fresh photo, not just a recycled one (as some had suggested). We further suggested that she include busbars & bolts/screws as no one else was doing so at the time. After she implemented our suggestions, it essentially forced other vendors to do the same and "up their game". As Amy continued to accept our input and implement rational & logical ones to improve Client Service she gained Great Face with all of us (while pissing off the competition a bit).

We also suggested that anyone ordering from her, to inform her that they are coming from here so that she has a handle on where her clients are coming from. This has worked out very well for all of us here on DIYSolarForum and has benefitted other customers from elsewhere too. It pushed other vendors to step up and compete a bit which is also a good thing. We "ALL" win in such instances which is great in the current screwy world we have.

We are very fortunate to have an Individual like Amy who is "VERY" Client focused and always looking to better her service even though she has a very high personal standard. I must say, I am very happy to see this working out and benefitting everyone, sure makes me feel good to see it happening.

Have a Terrific Day everyone.
Steve

Last edited:
Back