diy solar

diy solar

Ordered SanTan Solar pallet of (25) 255w Canadian Solar panels

rhino

Solar Wizard
Purchased some of the used Canadian Solar panels on SanTan Solar. Will update when they arrive. Slightly concerned the panels they have listed now are 250w Canadian Solar panels and not the 255w ones I paid for. Invoice states they are CS6P-255PX.

Price was $1250 plus $340 shipping. These could be 6-7 year old panels. Would come out to about $0.25/w at full rating or about $0.28 if I derate by 10% for the age.

Purchased some of the used Canadian Solar panels on SanTan Solar. Will update when they arrive. Slightly concerned the panels they have listed now are 250w Canadian Solar panels and not the 255w ones I paid for. Invoice states they are CS6P-255PX.

Price was $1250 plus $340 shipping. These could be 6-7 year old panels. Would come out to about $0.25/w at full rating or about $0.28 if I derate by 10% for the age.

Let us know how it works out but I doubt they will send you something other than what you bought.

Over the years they have had many different brands as I think they pick up various quantities from their sources. Kind of like a “closeout” store.

I'm also thinking about getting a pallet or two with friends.

Please update us when you get them and how much power they put out!

I just got 10 unused Sunpower 250w from satansolar.com (not a typo). Did you check them out as well? They are in the same city (Gilbert,AZ). Why pay more for used (gahh!).

Ok, title says 25 units, didn't see that. Plenty to play with!!
--

Last edited:
Still waiting for them to actually be delivered.. They are at least in my US state now..

Reactions: e97
They arrived next day after I posted my last message.. They are in fact labelled 255 watt panels. I have not been able to test the output but physically without unpacking all of them only noticed some scratch marks on the frames.

Have any of you bought any panels that have snail trails on them? Currently Santan solar has a 25% off the 250w panels. Usually they sell for 48 dollars but now they are going for 33.75. I have bought the 250w panels without snail trails for 50 a piece but at this rate I can get so many more for way cheaper. Your input would be great. Thanks!

My experience with them (2 different orders) have been great. When I ordered a full pallet they even gave me a little discount without me asking, they just did it. I got some new panels and also I got a few used ones at $60 each, like you said 6-7 years old. They are rated for 295w and they make 250-260w on a good day.

My experience with them (2 different orders) have been great. When I ordered a full pallet they even gave me a little discount without me asking, they just did it. I got some new panels and also I got a few used ones at $60 each, like you said 6-7 years old. They are rated for 295w and they make 250-260w on a good day.
By chance did any of them have snail trails? If so what's your experience with them and how long have you had them? I want to buy some but is it really worth the chance that they might fail sooner than expected compared to other regular panels without snail trails. Thanks

By chance did any of them have snail trails? If so what's your experience with them and how long have you had them? I want to buy some but is it really worth the chance that they might fail sooner than expected compared to other regular panels without snail trails. Thanks
I guess a solar panel can fail but good commercial ones are pretty solid and if they have lasted x years are likely to be good for more years. I have had them in service just over one year. The used ones were one level up from the really cheap ones with the snail trails. I think I might have a couple of minor trails.
My primary 32 panels were "never mounted", new but about 3 year old warehouse queens. I bought 8 of those $60, removed from solar farm, 295w type. The have been mounted, put in storage, mounted again, since I got them over a year ago. I hauled one of them 5+ hours in a bouncy flatbed trailer behind a pickup and up a rough hillside to mount it at my brother's hunt shack. They seem to be plenty durable, to be shipped, handled several times, etc. Very much worth the money in my opinion.

Back