diy solar

diy solar

Ordered some LiFePO4 cells from Alibaba...

Will Prowse

Forum Owner
Staff member
Used my own money to buy the batteries below for a video review/test:
FireShot Capture 415 - My AliExpress _ Manage Orders - trade.aliexpress.com.png

I have been skeptical of these 3 batteries for months now, and a lot of people keep asking questions about them. I will make a video on each battery.

I can't wait to see how well they perform because they are dirt cheap!!!

Affiliate links of the batteries above:
100ah CALB Cells Click Here
105ah BLS Cells Click Here
Renogy white label ($538!!) Click Here

Payment just processed, so I should have them in a couple weeks. I am pretty sure that the BLS cells are used in lion energy batteries. And the 3rd one seems identical to a renogy drop in. So excited to test these!!!

I have been looking at those BLS cells. Very interested in what you learn.

View attachment 3066

I have been skeptical of these 3 batteries for months now, and a lot of people keep asking questions about them. I will make a video on each battery.

Payment just processed, so I should have them in a couple weeks. I am pretty sure that the BLS cells are used in lion energy batteries. And the 3rd one seems identical to a renogy drop in. So excited to test these!!!

so happy your doing this! cant wait to watch the video and get your opinion on those! waiting for your stamp of approval to pull the trigger!!!!

View attachment 3089

Does this not make sense to anyone else?
4Pcs x 3.2v => "for solar RV pack to 24V"
4Pcs 8Pcs x 3.2v 100AH => "for solar RV pack to of 24V @ 100AH => 2.4Kwh LiFePo4 storage. (Series 8s)
2Pcs x 3.2v 100AH +>+ & ->- => "for solar RV pack of 3.2V @ 200AH => 640wh LiFePo4 storage. (Parallel 2p)
16Pcs x 3.2v 100AH => "for solar RV pack of 24V @ 200AH => 4.8Kwh LiFePo4 storage. (Parallel 2p & Series 8s)/(2p8s shorthand)

Need a 100Ah batt in the spring for my new trailer, that Calb battery (while not as cheap as dirt) is the lowest price I've found on new cells. It will be hard but I'll wait until your review to pull the trigger.

Print some PROWSE POWER labels and slap $200 on top of purchase price them babies would sell like a mofo ;)

thx Will i was just thinking if Will can review those kind of cells as there are so many replys (pros and also so much cons here in the forum). i really hope they dont sent you the best ones if they read this stuff here.

View attachment 3066

Can't wait for the review of the renogy white label. Do you think this is the same thing you get when you order from renogy? Could renogy have ewt oem for them but use a better BMS? I hope you tear it down:) I ordered the renogy for $640 + free shipping on black friday and im loosing sleep worrying about the quality. Should have gone with Battle Born and went on with my life lol.

The CALB cells you are showing at the top are the exact same ones that I bought.

Check to see if they still have the serial numbers. Jimmy our "salesman" claimed that the shipper had removed them.

Our "new" batteries showed up in a used conditions. Of our 33 cells, we had capacities ranging from 110AH to 92AH. We matched batteries with similar capacities together in banks, but they were clearly used.

Just be careful with them - Their returns system is a disgrace.

What is a CALB or is it an abbreviation for something C.A.L.B.? Crappy Aibaba Lithium Battery? Cheap. A. L. B.?

Anybody Know?

Back