diy solar

diy solar

Ordering 128 batteries through Alibaba ( Deligreen) - please help

What IR range is normal?

Since there's no QR code, I looked at the battery to know more, and the only thing I can find is that at the bottom of the battery there's a marking: T2, T3, U2, D1. I don't honestly know what that means, maybe that's the version of the battery.

That's pretty much what they did as April Cao from Deligreen said it's too many. :(

View attachment 68566
Quite a mix there, the lower the IR the better BUT they have to be tested at same voltage & state, measuring them in storage voltage is fairly pointless.

Get a YR1035+, same may ve available from US stock. BTW, Air Expressing a small thing like that is not that scary... if must.
Next, you'll want to parallel these cells and top balance them, take them out to 3.60-3.65 and saturate the buggers till they take 1.0A or Less. Let them settle in parallel for a couple of days even, check the string voltage, will likely be around 3.350-3.400, don't be shocked ! Pending on how fast you get the 1035+, once you have it, Top Balance again. allow to saturate, then settle in parallel for 1 hour, then test cells, allow another hour & retest. You can dismantle the parallel set if you wish (your call if screws or welded studs or...

In the end, you'll want to group the cells by their IR, the "IR" that counts most is actually exactly at 3.200Vpc (Nominal Operating Voltage) as that is the median of the working voltage range.

Some of these may be older stock that have been sitting somewhere, once they've had some charge & discharge their IR's may come back slightly different. I've seen this myself, more than once.

Quite a mix there, the lower the IR the better BUT they have to be tested at same voltage & state, measuring them in storage voltage is fairly pointless.

Get a YR1035+, same may ve available from US stock. BTW, Air Expressing a small thing like that is not that scary... if must.
Next, you'll want to parallel these cells and top balance them, take them out to 3.60-3.65 and saturate the buggers till they take 1.0A or Less. Let them settle in parallel for a couple of days even, check the string voltage, will likely be around 3.350-3.400, don't be shocked ! Pending on how fast you get the 1035+, once you have it, Top Balance again. allow to saturate, then settle in parallel for 1 hour, then test cells, allow another hour & retest. You can dismantle the parallel set if you wish (your call if screws or welded studs or...

In the end, you'll want to group the cells by their IR, the "IR" that counts most is actually exactly at 3.200Vpc (Nominal Operating Voltage) as that is the median of the working voltage range.

Some of these may be older stock that have been sitting somewhere, once they've had some charge & discharge their IR's may come back slightly different. I've seen this myself, more than once.
I will do this, thanks!

Question, in your experience, what IR range should I deem acceptable?

This is my first time ordering from Alibaba, and it's a huge order of 128pcs - CATL 310Ah through April Cao with Deligreen. April broke the order up to 4 separate orders to make sure it goes through, but my initial attempts paying by three different CC's failed. Alibaba blocked it due to security reasons, but my CC companies found no issue with my cards or didn't get any request from Alibaba.

From reading one of the posts, I lowered the amount to test it out ($100+ and $1600+), and it worked. Yey... So, the plan was to break it up to 16pcs per order, but the third and subsequent attempts failed. The same issue where Alibaba blocked it due to security issues (nothing to do with my CC or shipping address).

April said that it is due to the large transaction, and we have to do it through Wire Transfer (TT). We had to break it up to 3 orders, and I paid through TT on the 1st order but put a pause and ask this group.

It seems that a few people in this group have dealt with April Cao from Deligreen, and it's my opinion that her feedbacks are descent.

At the same time, most people in this group always mention using credit card.

The way Wire Transfer works through Trade Assurance is that you click on Wire Transfer from Alibaba's payment form and it will just show you information where to wire too. In Deligreen's case, I'm wiring it in the US branch at California, not to China. I guess that's a good thing, but at the same time if there's an issue, will Trade Assurance be ok with it?

Anyone dealt with paying through Wire Transfer (TT) to DeliGreen (April Cao) in this group? Is it safe?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I've always used wire transfers buying batteries and inverters and they have been in the thousands of dollars. Never had a problem yet with it.

Back