diy solar

diy solar

Orion Jr.2 BMS thread

I don't have a SolArk but I have an Orion and as far as I know there is no connection. Some Schneider inverters can talk via CAN. Unless Orion and SolArk have collaborated there is no connection. The contactor will open to protect the battery.

I've had some procedural issues I'm still trying to work out. When my Orion Jr. has a fault code I don't immediately realize that since my "remote monitoring" of the BMS is to directly access the mini-PC connected to the BMS and see what is going on.

The other issue is when there is a fault it isn't exactly spelled out in plain english what the issue is unless you look through all the settings dumped out with the fault code. I currently have an fault code that keeps going off due to "weak cell" which I believe is because it is falling outside the acceptable cell resistance range which I haven't figured out how to change yet.
Did you ever get around this weak cell fault? I am having same issues too

Changing the cell resistance range is pretty simple in the Orion software. Assuming your resistance values aren't too tight, then it could be a poor connection on that cell.

I have an Orion jr2 bms and wanted to get the data into solar assistant software. I was able to achieve this using custom canbus messages mimicing pylontech battery. Eventually I will want this to also control my inverter but I have not gotten there yet.

Back