diy solar

diy solar

Others' experience with KRXNY 3500w 24v inverter? Stories of vaccum cleaners on mosfet inverters?

blinkybill

So I bought the 24v version of this KRXNY 3500w inverter:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/114690705567

I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience to share regarding this particular model?

It ran a 1950w heatgun for an hour (then batteries were flat) no problem.
It hardly got warm at all. From memory, the casing was about three to five degrees C above ambient.
After a few minutes of running it sounds a bit like a hard drive constantly accessing / crickets outside making a clicking noise which you get used to if you're in the same room. Does anyone know what this noise is?
The screen shows watts/DC volts/AC volts (I forget the order) one at a time, with a mode that scrolls through them every 2~3 seconds (the other mode stays on the selected input reading).
The wattage and AC volt readings are fine, but the DC voltage reading is only 1 decimal place, and often fluctuates quite wildly.
The 8-segment battery capacity display only starts going down (showing 7 or less segments) once the lifepo4 battery is on its last 3% of useable state of charge (when using a 70 watt load on a 100ah 24v lifepo4 battery.)

I wasn't game enough to plug in a vacuum cleaner after learning that cheap mosfet-based inverters can suffer when inductive loads suddenly turn off.
This video got me thinking about such:
I'd like to know what experiences others have had regarding this topic of (unprotected?) mosfets (presumably) getting high voltage spikes from disconnected inductive loads.

Back