diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

Since Jenny Wu and Amy Zheng accounts are wiped out, does any body still have Amy Zheng Email address and also the website called Power???? I do not remember. I do not do FB. Thanks.

I ordered 8 of the EVA 304 for $158 piece the other day from Amy Zheng at Docan Power on Friday 3-4-22. The transaction had a little hiccup with paypal on the Docan site. I really don't know what happened, but it showed pending on the CC then Docan canceled and refunded. Then Amy sent a link to direct pay (Alibaba) with CC it did cost about $15 bucks more but it worked. Now I am wait to receive the tracking info which I have yet to receive. Fingers crossed
Joe

The owner of the website is free to do whatever they want with it. Suspending non-paying business accounts seems reasonable. Deleting the wealth of information retroactively seems VERY HEAVY HANDED and poorly thought out.

Personally, I will be moving on to a new forum to get the information that is now missing on this site. I wish everyone here only the best going forward.

The owner of the website is free to do whatever they want with it. Suspending non-paying business accounts seems reasonable. Deleting the wealth of information retroactively seems VERY HEAVY HANDED and poorly thought out.

Personally, I will be moving on to a new forum to get the information that is now missing on this site. I wish everyone here only the best going forward.
I've been a moderator on a couple of motorcycle forum for years and one of the things that we implemented very early on was a section for paying/authorized vendors. I don't get involved in the back end of it or even know the cost of it to the vendor, but that section of the forums produces income for the forum owners and of course one of the moderators jobs is to keep an eye on anyone that tries selling (other than personal stuff) and direct them to the Admins to see about opening a paying vendor acct. It has worked very well for them as far as I know.

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger for a 16s pack from here. How many extra cells on top of the 16 should I get as a "just in case" insurance? 1? 2? 4? I know extras are a good idea when dealing with unknown/possibly sketchy sources, but these should be pretty darn good, right? Maybe I don't need extras?

Then the question is which cells. EVE230 is cheapest per kWh but lowest capacity, EVE280 is the most expensive per kWh but middle of the road total cost and capacity, EVE304 is in between by kWh but costs the most total but has the most capacity (but, also out of stock currently in the Texas warehouse). Hm.

I would not buy an extra. They will replace a rejected one under warranty.
I think they're out of the 230's in Houston. Email Amy and ask HER.

Oh. Website showed in stock. Will email. Thx.
When I ordered from them ,(230 ah), the Texas warehouse was out of them. I pre ordered my 16 cells; I wanted them to go to their warehouse first instead of shipping straight to me. It took an extra 2 weeks or so but what I received were in perfect condition. Contact a sales rep. and they will let you know what is happening.
edit: I would buy from them again.

Last edited:
I placed an order with Amy yesterday using her email address, amy@docanpower.com, for 4 EVE230Ah with screw post to be shipped from Houston, she told me she has them in stock. They are $110 each (they were $108 last month) + 5% Paypal fee, no tax, no shipping charger to California, total is about $464.

I placed an order with Amy yesterday using her email address, amy@docanpower.com, for 4 EVE230Ah with screw post to be shipped from Houston, she told me she has them in stock. They are $110 each (they were $108 last month) + 5% Paypal fee, no tax, no shipping charger to California, total is about $464.
That sounds right. I bought 4 of the EVE 302AH back in October '21 when they were $148/each and paid the 5% paypal fee also. They arrived in perfect condition, no damage, no swelling and every single one of them was 3.289V. Packaging was awesome.

I contacted Amy Zheng. The Texas warehouse has all 3 in stock right now. Putting in my order for EVE230 cells, 32 of them because I went a little nuts. Well, I guess I'm going down the rabbit hole now and will need some extra stuff to make a double bank work. Already ordered a pair of JBD 300A contactor BMSes, but those are coming directly from China so that may be a month or longer. Hopefully not too long. But, I have some time, the inverter I want isn't on the market yet!

More reading/research needed for all the other stuff now. Between this and my work and all the other stuff going on, I feel like my brain is in constant overload.

Looking to get 16 cells and then another 32 or 48. Which cells brands are preferred for high quality, and cost effective?

Also where are people getting to 200A / 300A 16S JBD BMS? Overkill Solar only has 100A for 16S.

They have a JBD 200A contactor BMS for $140 I think. I have a pair of 300A JBD contactor BMSes coming from China from an ebay seller (supposed to be here in a couple weeks).

Seems a lot like the EVE cells. That's what I have on the way.

Good to hear EVE are still good. I read Tesla is partnering with CATL, so those could be good unless they sell the rejects.

This pricing is accurate: http://www.powerwholesale.net/ ? Or is better pricing availble from Jenny or Amy at DOCAN?

Whats the difference between UART or RS485 or CAN for the JBD BMS?

It is accurate, but inventory may not be. Best to email one of them to get a full quote with all paypal fees etc figured in (it is extra 5% I think).

Good to hear EVE are still good. I read Tesla is partnering with CATL, so those could be good unless they sell the rejects.

This pricing is accurate: http://www.powerwholesale.net/ ? Or is better pricing availble from Jenny or Amy at DOCAN?

Whats the difference between UART or RS485 or CAN for the JBD BMS?
Check with Jenny for final price jennywu896@gmail.com. I also started with 16 and am going to add 16 or 32. Haven't decided yet.
I have the 200amp jbd with the relay. I bought it directly from jiabada with the RS485. I didn't know the difference between rs485 and uart and still don't to be honest. The little circuit board I received connects to USB. It's a circuit board and not a little black box. It actually has UART printed on the circuit board, so I have no idea if I got the RS485 or UART. I asked my contact at jbd if it was the right thing and she said it was. It connects so that's all that I cared about. The jbd software is pretty clunky until you get used to it, and I don't really use it now that I'm not sitting constantly in front of my cells and monitoring every smidge of data. I'll use it again on my next jbd bms' when I'm top balancing.
I ended up contacting jiabada for the correct, free Android app that lets me change parameters with Bluetooth on my phone.
If you're ordering from Docan, it sounded like the 200amp jbd was around 110 plus freight from china. But I'm told that if you're also ordering batteries, they have a box for the BMS that ships with the batteries to save freight. That info came from Jenny Wu.

Reactions: e97
Back