diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

I placed an order with Amy yesterday using her email address, amy@docanpower.com, for 4 EVE230Ah with screw post to be shipped from Houston, she told me she has them in stock. They are $110 each (they were $108 last month) + 5% Paypal fee, no tax, no shipping charger to California, total is about $464.
I received my batteries yesterday, 3-11-2022.
The box is in perfect condition, very well packed.
The batteries look great, nice and flat, the wrapping is good.
Each cell shows 3.292V.
The first cell takes in 145Ah, setting is 3.45V and I stop when the current drops down to <1A.
Cell 2, 3, 4 all took in about 147Ah.

Last edited:
I ordered my 200A BMS direct from JBD out of China. I bought my 32 CATL 302Ah batteries from Jenny at the Houston location. The overall cost for Alibaba fees and credit card fees was ~5% based on memory.

In my case, the cost of using the bank direct transfer payment and Alibaba/Credit card fees was basically the same. YMMV.

Is anybody here paying Lithicore by check ? I mean sending a check and totally trusting the interstate shipment from TX to your state ?

I always like to do credit card as if nothing is shipped I have recourse. But I won't pay 3% for that assurance.

Has anyone had any other experience, please share in this thread.

You want assurances but not willing to pay for it. Got it. :rolleyes:
Tell us who YOU think SHOULD pay the fees? If you think the seller should, know they would simply add it to the selling price. There's no magic here.

Are there any escrow services that costs only 1% ?

Have never heard of 'lithicore' but appears to be the same address Docan uses for their TX warehouse. The same retail/industrial strip mall. A mini-warehouse - photo linked before, but here it is again below.

I put four LF230's in my cart, added 'primsmatic' coupon for free shipping, and have an option to checkout with paypal or credit card - no additional fees. Maybe you could call them to confirm inventory and shipping time.

It is possible this is the space Docan is renting or partnering with for US distribution - the other company was a 18650 cell retailer, but now looks like they're selling prismatic cells as well. Perhaps another web retail site.

The street address is in the back corner on the left of this strip:

Rather obvious the same prismatic cells are stocked - Catl calb, eve. "Lithicore" also lists those 18650 cells they were selling before. I don't remember if it's the same company name or not. Could also email Amy Zheng directly and ask her.

Lithicore != Docan

Lithicore != Docan
instead of speculating i asked jenny wu, lets see her answer, but i am very sure they are not the same.
i have never been at their houston warehouse, but @RayfromTX has, so maybe he can elaborate

I purchased 16 of the 280 ah cells dealing with Jenny Wu from Docan and I could not be happier with the results.

I did not top balance them before using them for a 48 v system. When the cells started to reach 3.5 V+ through the charge controller then I was able to top balance the ones that were high with a automotive light attached to some jumper wires. It took a few hours watching them and draining the high cells to equalize them. I thought it went faster than trying to parallel them all together and charge them. I find that the pack is around 300 ah which is impressive. They came well packaged with no swelling. The only negative thing I noticed was that one of the cells on the bottom the blue plastic had some air bubbles on the folding which was purely cosmetic. It is kind of like when you put tape on a package and it gets a wrinkle in it.

The performance of the cells is very good. The ones I purchased had welded studs which is a big improvement over the other pack that I have. I ordered the Cells on Feb 3 and they were delivered on Feb 10th how can you get any better than that?

Attachments

• 20220314_152010.jpg
    20220314_152010.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi there - another post from receiving 4 280ah cells from Jenny Wu @ Docan again, and she has been excellent throughout, very clear communication, shipped to the UK (not easy these days lol). Too early to tell on the performance of the cells, however, I've no reason to doubt the product after so many positive reviews. I must admit to being a bit gutted that vendors cannot contribute to the conversation, however, I respect the site owners decision, Will et al want to do what's right, and it could escalate.

Anyway appreciate the site, the people - I'm diy building a 2.7kw solar setup for an "off grid garage" here, just not down under like some of our friends ? but your site makes it possible! Thank you all!

Just got the first part of my EVE230 shipment (UPS split it up for some reason, so some today, some tomorrow, weird). Opened the first box, packed super well. I was surprised however - no welded studs. Interesting. Maybe only the 280 or 304 has welded studs?

Also, the bus bars look to allow some flex based on the hump look. Any idea the current rating? They are two layers, evidently. My max DC load is expected around 200A. I'm expecting I'll probably need to get bigger ones, but I thought I'd see what showed up first before I bought more stuff.

20220316_151326.jpg20220316_151403.jpg20220316_151503.jpg

Just got the first part of my EVE230 shipment (UPS split it up for some reason, so some today, some tomorrow, weird). Opened the first box, packed super well. I was surprised however - no welded studs. Interesting. Maybe only the 280 or 304 has welded studs?

Also, the bus bars look to allow some flex based on the hump look. Any idea the current rating? They are two layers, evidently. My max DC load is expected around 200A. I'm expecting I'll probably need to get bigger ones, but I thought I'd see what showed up first before I bought more stuff.

View attachment 87584View attachment 87583View attachment 87582
Those are the same batteries with the type of terminals I ask Amy for when I place the order, you can ask for welded stud when you place order with Amy.
I do not know how good the bus bars are but it does not matter much to me since I will be only drawing 50 ~ 60A at the most.

I have the same cells and terminals, 120A bms, and comfortable with the supplied bus bars and grub-screws. I am also max 100A current on my system. I would want some input from the more experienced here for running 200A+ through them. From what I've heard and seen, those small-shouldered terminals were good for 100-120A. I think the busbars are okay, just not sure about the terminals for that kind of current output.

Are you building 12V or 24V pack? And powering a larger inverter?

Back