Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

MrM1

I'm Here, But I'm Not All There
I ordered eight cells on Tuesday and they arrived in Ohio early Friday afternoon. I asked for UPS shipping. They were packed extremely well and arrived with nary a scratch. I'm top-balancing them now. I wish I had heard about this place earlier :)
Friday... Like yesterday. Nice. Which cells?

sunglint

Solar Enthusiast
Hi!

This is my first post, and I've only been following this crowd for a few months. But I do want to share my (positive) experience with Docan Technologies.

I live in Texas, and as you may have heard our electric grid is made by cowboys of barbed wire. So it goes down a bit :)
The January freeze was a shock, and another recent 3-hour outage in my area made me get serious about researching what I can do to ensure some semblance of backup.

First I bought a Bebene "Generator", which works fine and would run my CPAP for about a week.
Then after a lot of thought I bought a 100Ah SOK. It got here, I bought a variable PS and load tester, I charged it, and got 105Ah on the load tester.

Next was deciding on my system architecture. For various reasons, I chose to go with a 24v inverter.
It was about then that I checked this forum, and saw this post by ghostwriter66. I was very excited to see that the warehouse was in Houston, where I live.

So I reached out to Jenny Wu, and asked for a quote on 8 280Ah batteries. She responded VERY quickly, and I had the PI in a few hours.
The price was certainly good, but I felt like I should use my SOK. Further research and I realized the cost difference between a 24v and 48v inverter was minimal, so I decided to go with 48v instead. To help make the decision I asked Jenny if they had any 100Ah cells (to match the SOK), and she replied that they would have some CALB 100Ah cells in the Houston warehouse in about a week. The price was great, so I got a PI on 12 of them. A little more research and I saw a flaw in my design, as I'd have to buy a 12v BMS, a 24v BMS, and some kind of balancer for the three components. So I decided that since I wanted to get Overkill Solar BMS, it would be cheaper to buy a total of 16 cells, then I just need one 48v 16s BMS.

So again I reached out to Jenny, and purchased an additional 4 cells.

The next day I got an email from Jenny providing the contact info for Jade, the staff at the warehouse. It was late, so the day after that I called Jade, and found out that the cells had come in, and were ready to be picked up.
I put off picking them up for 2 days, so I could take Friday afternoon off and go out there (it's far enough away from work, and there's an excellent Thai restaurant about a mile from the warehouse.)
So Friday afternoon I left work early, went to lunch with my best friend, then went by the warehouse.

It is a tiny nondescript location, thankfully Joe BoyKey posted a pic of the location in the Good Review on Supplier thread, which matched what I saw in Google maps. When we showed up the place was completely full of boxes, but right next to the door on a table were my 3 boxes. Jade was super friendly and helpful, and I was out within 5 minutes.

Getting the cells home I found the same meticulous care in packing that others have reported. The cells have the welded studs, and they came with curved insulated bussbars and nuts.
CALB100_01.png
CALB100_02.png
the label and Positive sign are my own :)

My phone couldn't read the barcode, here it is:
CALB100_03.png

These were their voltages when pulled from the boxes
SerialVinitial
LFP0013.218
LFP0023.221
LFP0033.222
LFP0043.218
LFP0053.220
LFP0063.221
LFP0073.221
LFP0083.219
LFP0093.220
LFP0103.220
LFP0113.220
LFP0123.220
LFP0133.219
LFP0143.218
LFP0153.221
LFP0163.220
I assume that's close enough.

I did notice that a few of the cells have issues with the insulation
CALB100_04.png
So I'll probably be using some kind of foam to slightly separate them in their final enclosure.

I charged one of them to at least 3.6v on my PS, then ran a capacity test at 15amps
CALB100_05.png
Obviously I'm happy with that.

I'm attaching the data sheet. Interesting to note they don't mention compression.

For now I'm using the SOK BMS to charge them all to it's cutoff, then I'm going to top balance to as close to 3.65 as is reasonable. Then decide on an inverter...

So between my first communication with Jenny to the cells being ready to pick up was about 8 days, and most of that was me changing my mind.

I am very excited to read that Amy in the other thread is exploring them supplying BMS, and it looks like enough people are recommending JBD that they might be those.

Needless to say my experience has been as positive as it could be. Jenny and Jade are both great, and although I'm not likely to need batteries any time soon, it is great to see a local option. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience, it helped me make up my mind, and of course to ghostwriter66 for being an awesome resource to the community!

Attachments

• CALB100Ah 3.2V.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

retrodog

Solar Enthusiast
Well this is convenient, since I'm just southeast of Houston (Clear Lake area). Glad I read this thread. Thanks.

MakeMePower

will the 304 fit in the standard 24-31 battery box? based on the dimensions posted at ali yes, appears to have enough room for even the bms?

kid744

Is it possible to get a stock update as to what is available from the Houston location?
Will be ordering in the next couple of months and would like the option to order from Amy Zheng and company.

Kid

Jenny Wu

Docan Technology(Shenzhen) Co.,Ltd (Direct Sales)
Is it possible to get a stock update as to what is available from the Houston location?
Will be ordering in the next couple of months and would like the option to order from Amy Zheng and company.

Kid
Hi @kid744

Thanks for your interest and support to our Docan company. You can contact with me or Amy directly to check the stock update at any time.

Thanks

Sundancer

Another extremely satisfied purchaser here. I emailed Jenny seven days ago for information about ordering batteries. I received an immediate reply from her so I ordered 16 cells the next day to be shipped to Wyoming. The day after that, the cells were on the way and Jenny sent the UPS tracking information. The delivery was held up because of a bad snowstorm but most of the shipment arrived last night. The remaining box is expected today. Jenny made the entire process easy and her immediate email responses were amazing. Thanks, Jenny!!

And a big Thank You to ghostwriter 66 for your continuous great information and for introducing the forum to Jenny Wu.

MrM1

I'm Here, But I'm Not All There
Mine have been packaged/boxed and moved on to the forwarder. I got an message today that they are slated to hit the Hi Seas Oct 20, and I now have the FedEx tracking number for when they arrive state side and the number goes active. So far so good. I really hope this China order turns out as good as my TX order did. Thx again @Amy Zheng

Katies batteries 1.pngKaties batteries 2.png

Jenny Wu

Another extremely satisfied purchaser here. I emailed Jenny seven days ago for information about ordering batteries. I received an immediate reply from her so I ordered 16 cells the next day to be shipped to Wyoming. The day after that, the cells were on the way and Jenny sent the UPS tracking information. The delivery was held up because of a bad snowstorm but most of the shipment arrived last night. The remaining box is expected today. Jenny made the entire process easy and her immediate email responses were amazing. Thanks, Jenny!!

And a big Thank You to ghostwriter 66 for your continuous great information and for introducing the forum to Jenny Wu.
Thanks so much for your good review!

Rrrracer

Hey all, just wanted to chime in and relay our experience with @Jenny Wu and Docan.

I had initially ordered four 304Ah EVE cells for our class C RV while in deep in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (we're full timers.) There was a misunderstanding, but after coming to the realization that they were not in stock in Houston, I quickly contacted Jenny and had the order changed to 280Ah cells. Fortunately they still had enough stock to cover my paltry request, sure enough they were shipped the next day, and they were waiting for us upon our arrival back in the LP.

Packaging was robust, no damage whatsoever and no swollen cells. Three of four started out at 3.285v, the fourth at 3.284. Eager to get started, I built a compression fixture and proceeded to charge and top balance the cells. Everything went great, and I write this post now on our second day of use with no charging, significant use of a desktop PC with three monitors (me) and a 40" TV with full surround system (little mama) along with all the other regular usage, and 173.49Ah still in the bank.

We are absolutely thrilled. I wanted to extend a personal "thank you" to Jenny Wu for getting us squared away on our first step into lithium and the last step of our complete off-grid independence. She went above and beyond to make sure our little order was taken care of amongst, I am sure, requests for quantities much larger than ours.

So thanks Jenny... now get some sleep! :)(y)

Last edited:

Jenny Wu

Hey all, just wanted to chime in and relay our experience with @Jenny Wu and Docan.

I had initially ordered four 304Ah EVE cells for our class C RV while in deep in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (we're full timers.) There was a misunderstanding, but after coming to the realization that they were not in stock in Houston, I quickly contacted Jenny and had the order changed to 280Ah cells. Fortunately they still had enough stock to cover my paltry request, sure enough they were shipped the next day, and they were waiting for us upon our arrival back in the LP.

Packaging was robust, no damage whatsoever and no swollen cells. Three of four started out at 3.285v, the fourth at 3.284. Eager to get started, I built a compression fixture and proceeded to charge and top balance the cells. Everything went great, and I write this post now on our second day of use with no charging, significant use of a desktop PC with three monitors (me) and a 40" TV with full surround system (little mama) along with all the other regular usage, and 173.49Ah still in the bank.

We are absolutely thrilled. I wanted to extend a personal "thank you" to Jenny Wu for getting us squared away on our first step into lithium and the last step of our complete off-grid independence. She went above and beyond to make sure our little order was taken care of amongst, I am sure, requests for quantities much larger than ours.

So thanks Jenny... now get some sleep! :)(y)
Thank you so much for your supports and good reviews.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
So my boss this morning stopped by the DONCAN warehouse (Doncan Technology (Shenzhen) Co) in Houston TEXAS to pick up (64) EVE-280Ah batteries that we had ordered literally 48 hours earlier.

From beginning to end this has been a 10 out of 10 process.

First it started with Jenny Wu of Doncan Technology (Shenzhen) Co in China ... https://docantech.en.alibaba.com/?s...95a76e98Gh7yZ&tracelog=from_orderlist_company ... her English is better than mine and she completely understood our requirements and how we very concerned about paying for GRADE A's and getting GRADE B's 75 days later.

SOOOO the solution they have is that they have a location in Houston with stock available. There stock changes daily of course BUT Jenny can tell you exactly what they have at the time of order.

THEY DO NOT HAVE A LOCATION IN CA AS I HAD EARLIER THOUGHT THEY WOULD. ONLY HOUSTON

You can literally order the equipment from Jenny in China, send her the funds, and go and pick them up the next day. Or it seems that way to me - as long as they have the stocks.

She also has the capability of telling you exactly what they have in their US Warehouses and when different shipments will be arriving.

AND also - they can SHIP from an American warehouse directly to you so cutting your 75 days down to just a handful. You will have to pay shipping from probably CA but - and I am just guessing - but since they are shipping them from CA to Houston anyway - perhaps them shipping from CA to you (instead of houston) may not cost much more - you would have to talk to Jenny about that.

Prices are fluid I am sure due to the economy falling apart - but I think that we paid $125 per 280Ah battery plus I sure some Credit Card fee (my boss took care of all of that so not sure) ... BUT YES not the cheapest when all said and done - BUT we were able to check the batteries out right then and there - touch them - hug them - sniff them (no Biden pun intended, well maybe a little) ...

take a look at the pictures below ... we were extremely happy with what we got.

Boss said at Houston he worked with an absolutely great girl by the name of Jenny Wade who is in charge there. Everything was ready - she allowed him to randomly open various boxes (2 batteries per box - 32 boxes total) so he could look at them.

He called me and told me that these were the best packed boxes he had ever seen - and they even had the little EVE caps on the + and - ...

Not much else to say - I think Jenny is on this board as @Jenny Wu but I have not looked for her.

As a side note they actually also sell GRADE-B batteries but they are only like 10-15 dollars cheaper so why even bother ....

But they carry LISCHEN, CATL and EVE ... and all various sizes ... to be honest I think that right now they only have 280Ah and 304's in stock -- and maybe 200's since that seems to be the biggest market but AGAIN - you will need to reach out to Jenny

For the record - we have ZERO to do with this company. I nor anyone here gets any type of discount or freebie or anything and the moment something goes amiss I will drop them like a rock and let you know -- but from the packaging, the batteries appearance, the the great customer service, etc -i think that they will be my go to people for a while ...

ANYWAY - when you talk / email / chat with Jenny let her know that you saw her info on this forum @Jenny Wu and it may help - or at least she will know that there are about 10,000 forum members standing behind you so pretty sure they will not try to put anything over on you ... LOL

I am testing 2 of the batteries right now so will let you know in 24 hours how they stood up to the capacity tests ...

View attachment 65582

View attachment 65583

View attachment 65584View attachment 65585
I just wanted to thank you for sharing.

Dvalin

New guy here, I just received my first order of 100ah CALB cells and want to thank Jenny Wu for a perfect transaction and this forum for hooking me up! I'm afraid I'm heading into a new addiction😁

Jenny Wu

New guy here, I just received my first order of 100ah CALB cells and want to thank Jenny Wu for a perfect transaction and this forum for hooking me up! I'm afraid I'm heading into a new addiction😁
Thanks for your good reviews and supports too 😌