diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

It's only double life because its tested at half the load
I really wish we had better data or even an apples to apples comparison between these different cells. I've read that "how" you run or cycle them makes a big difference in cycle life, and that there's a lot of complexities to consider when you're really trying to estimate calendar lifetime vs the operating conditions these cells will be seeing in real life. I've got some of the LF280K's and some others as well-- if these sets last 5 or 20 years it will be fine with me either way.

The biggest problem I see is.......
People worry about shit to much. 302 , 301 , 303.3417624 ah.
To much time on their hands to make things to gripe about.
Sing of the times.
As for the sellers , it all a game of slight of tounge.

Do people go through all this crap with lead acid ?

The biggest problem I see is.......
People worry about shit to much. 302 , 301 , 303.3417624 ah.
To much time on their hands to make things to gripe about.
Sing of the times.
As for the sellers , it all a game of slight of tounge.

Do people go through all this crap with lead acid ?

On one hand, yes, people spend a lot of time on this. On the other hand, having this kind of information being discussed means people can make up their minds and have realistic expectations when looking into buying these kinds of cells. After all, it's not like you can go to the nearby store for them like you would for lead acid...

Oh how I am ready for another pack of batteries lol. Why so addicting? Get my solar Generator 90% completed and now I want to build an add on pack with the 302ah cells :p

You can always ignore the thread :)
In many ways, it's useful to dwell on things - if people have the time, why not.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll start a new compression thread to see what the current status and thinking is ?
Thank you for sharing the thread and this supplier as I notice that other thread also with this same supplier. I was soooooooo close of contacting Amy via FB and going ahead ordering some then I was like nooooo. I have enough projects and new car in the works that I want to customize along with Christmas here before we know it so the budget is not currently in its best for justifying buying some.

Staying on topic I love to hear from others that purchase these and do capacity test.

Not sure where you get the "double the life" from. From everything I read they are somewhat better - maybe - its hard to say since not allot of info about them ...
I think people look at the new datasheet that says 6000 cycles and compare that to the old datasheet that says 3500 cycles. They don't see that the new cycle life test is at 0.5C whereas the older test was 1C. My guess is the previous LF280's would also get near 6000 cycles if the test was done at 0.5C.

16 x 280ah old model cells shipped from the USA was $2350, the new LF280K cells from China was $1950 door to door in 50 days.

The Alibaba link is in the first post.
50 days? I hope you're right. I'm at 101 days and still asking for tracking information and where my stuff is. I'm in Ohio. Since you're in Cali I would expect you'll get your stuff about a week faster since it doesn't have to ship ground across the USA. Good luck.

50 days? I hope you're right. I'm at 101 days and still asking for tracking information and where my stuff is. I'm in Ohio. Since you're in Cali I would expect you'll get your stuff about a week faster since it doesn't have to ship ground across the USA. Good luck.
Did you purchase from the vendor in this link?

Did you purchase from the vendor in this link?
No. I purchased from Amy Wan at Luyuan. The container ship sat off Long Beach for 2 weeks and almost another week at dock. My comment was more geared towards shipping from China right now vs any particular vendor in China. I sincerely hope you gets your shipment in 50 days.

I picked up 4 CATL 302ah cells from this location on Saturday and they tested 309,309,312 and 314. All pristine. IR was .21,.20,.21,.19 weight was 11.6lbs, 11.75lbs, 11.75lbs and 11.7lbs
Tests were one at 40 amps btw

Do they have any AliExpress store link where I can order from ?

Hi y'all, thought I'd post here; I bought one cell, thinking one of mine was bad. I wont need it anymore, but it's completely unused, didnt even connect it. In the Bay Area but going up to Seattle, then Minneapolis and could drop it off along the way. $130 obo.

Back